• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mackie ProFx? Gear latency at 2.5 frame rate?
I'm considering the six-channel version of this, but the big spreadsheet on here listing acceptable interfaces shows it at 13ms latency.  Not that good.  But they didn't specify the frame size.  I have to run 2.5 for backing tracks.  Anybody own one of those?
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
(01-10-2021, 05:56 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: I'm considering the six-channel version of this, but the big spreadsheet on here listing acceptable interfaces shows it at 13ms latency.  Not that good.  But they didn't specify the frame size.  I have to run 2.5 for backing tracks.  Anybody own one of those?
What platform will you be using it on?
Windows 10 laptop with 16 GB of RAM...
I'm not sure the processor type ..the laptop is a few years old but I rarely see more than 15% CPU usage
(01-10-2021, 07:41 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: Windows 10 laptop with 16 GB of RAM...
I'm not sure the processor type ..the laptop is a few years old but I rarely see more than 15% CPU usage
Ok. CPU utilization has little to do with it. You'll need to tune it to properly handle real-time audio. Start by running the Latencymon application (search the forum for links). If the results show that your machine needs work, refer to the Glitchfree document (links via Search) for things you can do.
Thanks!!
(01-11-2021, 04:15 AM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: Thanks!!
If you have problems locating any of this information or interpreting the test results, let me know.