• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone use the compressors in power mixer?
Anybody turning on the compressor in the Pro audio mixer window?  Adds to latency?

Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
(01-04-2021, 04:21 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: Anybody turning on the compressor in the Pro audio mixer window?  Adds to latency?
I haven't tried it but if it works like standard audio compressors work then it just evens out signal levels which can be useful for vocal work. I wouldn't think it would affect latency unless (since it's a software implementation), your computer struggled to apply it.
Ahead of jamkazam I'm not using compression on my vocal mic but I almost always have it on my guitar patches so I guess I have to wonder if I'd be duplicating things by turning it on in a session within jamkazam
(01-04-2021, 05:42 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: Ahead of jamkazam I'm not using compression on my vocal mic but I almost always have it on my guitar patches so I guess I have to wonder if I'd be duplicating things by turning it on in a session within Jamkazam.
Good point. I'd say you would. I'd just stick with your pre-JK implementation.
I have used it, and once you customize your settings to your liking you don't need to change it much. Only when adjusting your own monitoring levels at the track level. Note. any changes here are not heard by other users. Too bad there's no manual about it, but it's good to head into a private session and learn how to use it, by trial and error.
I don't understand why so many different parameters you change in the application aren't experienced or heard by those you're jamming with.
(01-04-2021, 07:27 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: I don't understand why so many different parameters you change in the application aren't experienced or heard by those you're jamming with.

Agreed.. it can be confusing.. but if you review my other reply to your post about setting input, it helps make sense:

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=1859

My impression is, most of the settings apply to customizing your own experience. Think about it, i wouldn't want someone to have the ability to control or impact my sound.
(01-04-2021, 08:51 PM)GDJ Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 07:27 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: I don't understand why so many different parameters you change in the application aren't experienced or heard by those you're jamming with.

Agreed.. it can be confusing.. but if you review my other reply to your post about setting input, it helps make sense:

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=1859

My impression is, most of the settings apply to customizing your own experience. Think about it, i wouldn't want someone to have the ability to control or impact my sound.

When you're input tracks are already bumping the 2nd red bar occasionally, yet your jam mates say they can't hear you, the only conclusion I can come to  is they have work to do.  I thought compression might help here, but I guess not.