• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to mic or not to mic?
Hey gang,  I'm using a Scarlett Solo third generation with my upright bass.  Trying to use the internal mic in my Mac laptop to talk to the other musicians is not working well. I'm going to get a mic.....keep in mind, NOT for singing.....just to talk with the other jammers. How does this work? Do you leave the bass plugged in to the Solo instrument port AND have a mic plugged in also? At the same time? Or do you use the mic to talk AND capture the bass and not have the bass plugged into the inst. port?  Doesn't the bass being plugged in have better fidelity and better latency?  What about leaving the bass plugged in and having a mic that you can switch on and off when you want to talk?
Anyone in a similar situation?  Your thoughts?
Thanks, C.
(11-12-2020, 04:39 AM)chigger Wrote: Hey gang,  I'm using a Scarlett Solo third generation with my upright bass.  Trying to use the internal mic in my Mac laptop to talk to the other musicians is not working well. I'm going to get a mic.....keep in mind, NOT for singing.....just to talk with the other jammers. How does this work? Do you leave the bass plugged in to the Solo instrument port AND have a mic plugged in also? At the same time? Or do you use the mic to talk AND capture the bass and not have the bass plugged into the inst. port?  Doesn't the bass being plugged in have better fidelity and better latency?  What about leaving the bass plugged in and having a mic that you can switch on and off when you want to talk?
Anyone in a similar situation?  Your thoughts?
Thanks, C.

>>>
Hi, just plug your mic in the second input of your audio interface.
Make sure you add that input/channel in JKz though!
It is perfectly fine to use both at the same time.
A mic with a switch - for talkback purposes - is a good idea. Since you play an acoustic instrument, switching the mic off when playing will prevent it from picking up your bass.
Thanks again Dimitri.
C