• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Dropouts after recent update
I know I sound as a broken record but if you have BootCamp (or a Windows bootable partition), much smoother on the Windows side...
I have a brand new Mac, running Catalina with an Apollo interface. One gig on my Fios service. Jamkazam was awesome up until Saturday night. Ever since then all I get is Network Packet loss errors. You can actually watch the log in the console. Us Mac users are at a loss at the moment until they do something for us. I tailored my router to open up the ports they suggested. I was thinking it was my internet but it’s not as I’ve run every test on my network side and that’s all good.
(04-27-2020, 08:44 PM)stevant Wrote: I have a brand new Mac, running Catalina with an Apollo interface.  One gig on my Fios service.  Jamkazam was awesome up until Saturday night.  Ever since then all I get is Network Packet loss errors.  You can actually watch the log in the console.  Us Mac users are at a loss at the moment until they do something for us.  I tailored my router to open up the ports they suggested.  I was thinking it was my internet but it’s not as I’ve run every test on my network side and that’s all good.
Did you installed BootCamp? It's my workaround for now.
Bootcamp?
BootCamp is the Windows installation on a Mac computer... If you did it.
Tried JK tonight with latest mandatory update: no dropouts but unfortunately, no more tweaking of the frame rate or audio frame (2.5ms fixed value) since. Lowest latency I can achieve (Roland OctaCapture) is 8,4 ms. On the Windows side (BootCamp Windows 10), same greyed out options but, at least, my lowest latency is 5.1 ms.
(04-28-2020, 04:04 AM)Patrice Brousseau Wrote: Tried JK tonight with latest mandatory update: no dropouts but unfortunately, no more tweaking of the frame rate or audio frame (2.5ms fixed value) since. Lowest latency I can achieve (Roland OctaCapture) is 8,4 ms. On the Windows side (BootCamp Windows 10), same greyed out options but, at least, my lowest latency is 5.1 ms.
>>>
Yes there is actually, and much more ...
Audio Booster is now mainly defunct.

Look at all the new toys and possibilities in 'Audio Console' & 'Video Console'.
It is more complicated for the average user, but it is all there.
(04-28-2020, 08:50 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 04:04 AM)Patrice Brousseau Wrote: Tried JK tonight with latest mandatory update: no dropouts but unfortunately, no more tweaking of the frame rate or audio frame (2.5ms fixed value) since. Lowest latency I can achieve (Roland OctaCapture) is 8,4 ms. On the Windows side (BootCamp Windows 10), same greyed out options but, at least, my lowest latency is 5.1 ms.
>>>
Yes there is actually, and much more ...
Audio Booster is now mainly defunct.

Look at all the new toys and possibilities in 'Audio Console' & 'Video Console'.
It is more complicated for the average user, but it is all there.
Thanks for your help!

Yes, I saw the other thread and the solution.

Patrice
After the update I still have been getting dropouts, unfortunately. How has everyone else been faring post-update?
Fine for me, Sierra, MBP early 2011, Roland Octacapture. When you say dropouts, do you mean complete loss of connections or some crackled/glitches/pops.

My friend hear me without glitches but his sound is full of little glitches. He is on Windows.