• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent distortion & pulsating
Hello All,
    I have a DEll Inspiron 15R 64 bit dual processor laptop working with Windows 7 Pro. I bought the recommended Behringer UMC202HD audio interface. My latency is green (8.2ms), input jitter is green (0.00 to .50 ms), output jitter is green (0.00 to .33 ms) gear driver is green ASIO. But my frame size is red at 10 ms, and saying "Your gear is reading and writing at a slow rate, causing a decent amount of latency before the internet is involved. I've checked for any firewalls, and that isn't an issue. My bandmate hears me clear as a bell, but I get intermittent pulsating distortion. Any clues on what's going on here?
Thanks in Advance
While you are in a session go to "Manage" (it's at the very top left)
then to "audio settings" then "Audio Booster". There you can change your frame size to 2.5ms or 1 ms, whichever works best for you
(04-19-2020, 10:45 PM)mabalot Wrote: While you are in a session go to "Manage" (it's at the very top left)
then to "audio settings" then "Audio Booster". There you can change your frame size to 2.5ms or 1 ms, whichever works best for you
Thanks for the response. I've done that previously, clicking on each frame size, and anything other than 10ms gets worse. It's almost like something behind the scenes is interfering. I do have a prolonging buzz as well. I've changed every possible setting throughout too. There's got to be something. I've disabled a number of programs from running automatically too. 
I have the same problem.(Win 10 Behringer X1622USB) When I set the frame size below 10, latency improves, other band members can hear me clearly, I can hear them but all I can hear of myself is distortion. I have tried using the 1622 as the listening tool but latency becomes too bad. I returned to using the Realtek on board the computer headphone socket. 
The "official" Behringer ASIO driver won't work or even install on this machine.
(04-20-2020, 09:32 PM)garyw Wrote: I have the same problem.(Win 10 Behringer X1622USB) When I set the frame size below 10, latency improves, other band members can hear me clearly, I can hear them but all I can hear of myself is distortion. I have tried using the 1622 as the listening tool but latency becomes too bad. I returned to using the Realtek on board the computer headphone socket. 
The "official" Behringer ASIO driver won't work or even install on this machine.
Hi Gary 

I have started a distortion thread a few days ago, looks like you have the same problem as me

Did you find any solution ?

thanks alan..
(04-19-2020, 11:25 PM)ROCKAHELLER Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 10:45 PM)mabalot Wrote: While you are in a session go to "Manage" (it's at the very top left)
Thanks for the response. I've done that previously, clicking on each frame size, and anything other than 10ms gets worse. It's almost like something behind the scenes is interfering. I do have a prolonging buzz as well. I've changed every possible setting throughout too. There's got to be something. I've disabled a number of programs from running automatically too. 

Ok, let's take a look at the ability of your PC to handle real time audio streams once they get processed by your audio interface. Download and install a copy of LatencyMon. Let it run for at least 5 minutes and let's see what it shows us. Report its conclusions back here and we'll go from there.

https://www.resplendence.com/download/LatencyMon.exe

Stuart.