• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recording not found...
Rainbow 
I don't know if it's the right place but anyway:

Succeeded only once to have a working private link (yesterday).

Since then, working on test sessions (to jam later with a friend), I always get "recording not found" when pasting shared link or no audio playing when clicking on the file in file manager...?

Clicking export, I get my ogg files so they are on the server somewher I would guess.

Server too loaded these days Smile

Disabling firewall, no go...
Weird: it works on Safari if I log in in my account. Firefox and JamKazam fail to play???
Which mac OS? Have you had it work on mac OS Catalina?
It is a right place

What is a "private link"?
Maybe not important, but I dont know what that is.

Nor can I fully understand "get "recording not found" when pasting shared link or no audio playing when clicking on the file in file manager...?"

But I can tell you that your recorded files is in C:\Users\*name*\Music\JamKazam\Recordings (for Windows)
Thanks for the answer. Yes, files are there in the recording folder (on Mac) if I click "export files" in file manager.

However, for the resulting mix to be played, I must copy the shared link and login with my credentials in Safari to circumvent this "bug". Firefox, Chrome nor Edge work however.
To be clear, I can't make the mix play inside the JK interface. I must use the shared link and it only works in Safari...

Weirdly, it's ok on the iPad if I send the shared link to my mailbox! Probably ´cause it also uses Safari.

I'm on Sierra Richard but will try on the BootCamp side (Win10) next time.

"Private link" means that when I save the recording, I uncheck the "public" checkbox.

I now understand that JK founder had almost abandoned this soft but the recent circumstances (Covid19) restarted the project, correct?
The recorded files is in C:\Users\*name*\Music\JamKazam\Recordings (for Windows) under all circumstances. Not only "if I click "export files" in file manager".

What is played when you open a recording in session, is not a "mix".

It is all the tracks.

The rest of your writing I must admit I can not understand at all.

I can not understand the problem.
(04-13-2020, 12:48 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: The recorded files is in C:\Users\*name*\Music\JamKazam\Recordings (for Windows) under all circumstances. Not only "if I click "export files" in file manager".

What is played when you open a recording in session, is not a "mix".

It is all the tracks.

The rest of your writing I must admit I can not understand at all.

I can not understand the problem.

No problem Hans,

Found a workaround anyway. In Mac environment, recording seems to be there only if you choose to export.

English is not my native language so I sometimes have hard times to be clear, sorry.
I'll try to resume better:

- Once recording is over and stream mix is available: mix won't play in the window opened (Mac here);

- Choosing "share", I copy the link and open in a browser, then:

- only Safari will play it and only if I log in with my credentials (login/pass of JK) are entered in this page. If no credentials, "recording not found".

Anyway, thanks for your help...

Oh well, quote didn't worked so here again:

No problem Hans.

English is not my native language so I sometimes have hard times to be clear, sorry.
I'll try to resume better:

- Once recording is over and stream mix is available: mix won't play in the window opened (Mac here);

- Choosing "share", I copy the link and open in a browser, then:

- only Safari will play it and only if I log in with my credentials (login/pass of JK) are entered in this page. If no credentials, "recording not found".

Anyway, thanks for your help...

Patrice

BTW Hans, great job as moderator and help support staff! I've read somewhere that you proposed to be mod and before you could reply, the job was yours, correct?
Now I understand what you mean by "stream mix", I think

That is the mix that JamKazams server try to make of the recording, which all in JamKazam can hear (if it is public).

And a link to the "mix" can be shared on Facebook and so.

The case is that this mixing function has not worked the last 5 months.

While the sharing function has not worked in about 2 years. For about 2 years it has not been possible to hear the mix via the link.

I am actually surprised that Safari can play it for you. I was sure (as you can read) that it not was possible. Interesting!

I have by the way wrote about it that elsewhere in this forum. Then maybe partly FAKE NEWS

Thank you!

Yes, I was asked if I would be a moderator and 2 hours after - without any final answer from me - I was made super moderator. My account got some special abilities, it is.
Yes, as I've precised, you must login with the credentials and then, Safari is able to play it. On an iPad or a Mac.
Can you or anyone else play this link? In Safari or whatever?

It is a successful "mix" that everyone can play in the JamKazam program.

If one can find it - most easy is to go to Jul DROB`s profil/history and scroll down 7 months.

https://www.jamkazam.com/recordings/2dc3...e91822f264

Here is a link to a failed mix - "mix failed" as it is labeled in JamKazam the app. It can too be found most easy in Jul DROB`s profil/history.

https://www.jamkazam.com/recordings/cfb3...6643623425

It its failed - like all other recordings the last 5 months.