• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot get low latency with USB audio gear
(07-02-2020, 05:17 PM)Steven Minzer Wrote: Thanks again, StuartR.
I have been trying to find the Bios Update on the Sony site  for my Vaio without any luck. I phoned Sony support and spoke to someone who told me that Vaio Care  only dealt with software problems and that Best Buy (yes!) dealt with hardware and BIOs. It is impossible to talk to anyone at Best Buy without an appointment. I don’t know who might at Best BUY  provide the BIos info to me there.They don’t even sell SonyvPCs anymore.

Anyway, I am providing relevant information here about my PC and Bios.
From the Vaio Control Center/System Information page:
Model Name: VGN-NW320F
BIOS Version: R2010Y4
OS Version: Windows 10 Home (64-bit version)
Note that the original OS was Window 7 Home.

The model on the tag on the back of the PC is PCG-7192L, which I found useless for searching.
I got hits for the VGN model name, but nothing related to BIOS downloads and updates.

If anyone knows where I can find the BIOS stuff, I will give it a try. But I am pretty much resolved to the fact that the time has come to buy a new laptop. Of course it needs Ethernet and USB 3 is a good idea, though my USB device is USB 2. Any other suggestions? Any views on Mac vs PC?  I’ve always had PCs, but I spend most of my time on my iphone and iPad.

Although a frustrating experience,  I have learned a great deal about what to do with the new computer when I get it.

I still  have not resolved many questions  on what to do about Asio4all, a DAW (Reaper) and optimization of  audio settings.
I may also consider getting a different USB device in the future, though I am grateful for finding the XENYX  when Idid.
Again, any opinions on the way to go will be appreciated.
I took a quick look at the vendor site and didn't see any BIOS updates either. All the updates are for Windows 7 which tells us that laptop has seen better days. If you can afford a new one, go for it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot get low latency with USB audio gear - by StuartR - 07-02-2020, 05:55 PM