• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
webcam tests OK, but black screen in session
My webcam had been working OK, but today when I start a session I see nothing but solid black on the video screen.  I resynced, ran the video test, and there the webcam functions properly.  Closed JK, reopened, but same issue.  Evidently I've mistakenly changed some setting, but I'm unable to pin anything down.  Any suggestions?
(08-24-2020, 01:24 PM)davyb Wrote: My webcam had been working OK, but today when I start a session I see nothing but solid black on the video screen.  I resynced, ran the video test, and there the webcam functions properly.  Closed JK, reopened, but same issue.  Evidently I've mistakenly changed some setting, but I'm unable to pin anything down.  Any suggestions?
>>>
Pls try another resolution in the cam setup.
(it's a little trial and error sometimes ...)
(08-24-2020, 01:24 PM)davyb Wrote: My webcam had been working OK, but today when I start a session I see nothing but solid black on the video screen.  I resynced, ran the video test, and there the webcam functions properly.  Closed JK, reopened, but same issue.  Evidently I've mistakenly changed some setting, but I'm unable to pin anything down.  Any suggestions?
Hi! Did you find a solution to this problem? I had the same issue...
Windows or MAC? On the MAC I believe there are video camera permissions you have to enable first.
Stuart may be right on..

Mac No Audio or Video. MacOS Security & Privacy settings. Good To Know.
https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=1129