• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unacceptable Latency solutions please
(05-24-2020, 03:03 PM)LindsayMorris Wrote: I had high hopes for Jamkazam, but have hit failures so far.

Manage, Audio Settings, Easy Audio Setup says that my friend Melanie and I both look good for internal gear latency 
Session Diagnostics and Stats (in the Session page, the green dot) all look good, for both of us.
We both have high speed internet, using direct-connect not wifi. 
We're in the same city.

I start a Friends-only session; I see her name, hover over it, and it says "Your latency to Melanie is: UNACCEPTABLE"  
It doesn't say why.  Google searches haven't helped. So I throw myself on your mercy.

• I tried Manage, Networking, Test network - I either get an immediate  "No network test servers are available" (forums say they often are down), or I get a bit farther, then get a "disconnected" message. 
    But if they were up, what might they have said? And what might I do based on that? Tweak some port settings on my router? 
  • Can we connect and try playing together even if it says "unacceptable"? Maybe we gave up too soon.
  • Any other advice?
Thanks!
Your Internet "speed" has little to do with the issue you're seeing. What you're probably experiencing is the Internet latency itself which varies due to traffic congestion and ISP configurations. About all you can do is pick a time of day that might give you lower traffic congestion... Trial and error. Also, be sure that both of you have the absolute lowest audio device latency that you can get. Tweak the buffering, frame rate and recording frequency. You should be able to get less than 4 msecs on any current audio interface.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unacceptable Latency solutions please - by StuartR - 05-24-2020, 04:02 PM