• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduction of Internet latency in sessions...
(05-31-2020, 10:29 PM)kempjef Wrote: I'd be glad to pay for a service that solved the latency issues (if latency could be reliably brought down to 10-20 ms for a 300-miles-apart session, for example).  The business model for the JamKazam guys is a bit scary, though--there was apparently not a lot of interest in online jamming before Covid-19, and I would guess that most of the current interest will disappear when a vaccine is found, especially for a pay-to-play service.  A bit of  dilemma there.  Musicians don't typically have a lot of money to throw around, virus or no virus.
----
Yeah, I thought that too but given that we'll be living with this virus for another 3 years at best (according to a leading virologist), coupled with the surveys that show only about 51% of the population would be willing to take such a vaccine, I think their economic future is fairly safe. Herd immunity is looking like our endpoint.
I think they'd hoped to sell JK to someone with deeper pockets. Wouldn't surprise me if that happened... Maybe Yamaha or Roland?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reduction of Internet latency in sessions... - by StuartR - 05-31-2020, 11:03 PM