• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to use mix of outputs of interface instead of separate channels?
I have a rather large setup, as I use a lot of synths, and generally, it ends up coming to about 10 stereo channels or so. Is there a way to have it so that Jamkazam will just take the output of my sound interface instead of sending out the individual channels? I think that would make a huge difference, in terms of bandwidth. It's not feasible for me to use a mixer at this point, because I can't afford one that would handle everything, at this point. I have my levels mixed properly with my interface's software mixer. Another reason this would be useful is that I don't always use all of the channels, but want to have them available if I do, so that's more bandwidth being wasted. 

If I can't do this, it would probably be best to just put an option in such as "use monitor output from interface". 

Thoughts?
I bet you can do this with a Virtual Audio Server... On The Mac side I have had success using BLACKHOLE and creating aggregate Device in Audio midi setup. I imagine on the PC side there are similar methods.

HTH,

~JB
I'm doing that using an RME interface with one of the outputs set to loopback so that any input to that output are mixed and then appear on the corresponding input. Some interfaces other than RME may be able to do this, but if not, there is software that might work.

This guy has a setup that could do that thru his DAW, I think - https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...ht=booster
Doesn't your Audio Interface have a software interface so you can send all the Inputs to one Main Stereo Pair L/R?

I have a MOTU Interface and use all 8 Inputs. The GUI software for it allows me to freely send all the Inputs to the Main out Bus.

Otherwise, it's common to use a mixer and send 2 channels to the AI
(06-29-2020, 10:02 AM)bullmoon Wrote: I'm doing that using an RME interface with one of the outputs set to loopback so that any input to that output are mixed and then appear on the corresponding input. Some interfaces other than RME may be able to do this, but if not, there is software that might work.

This guy has a setup that could do that thru his DAW, I think - https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...ht=booster

I just discovered the loopback feature today.  It's amazing what you can accomplish when you RTFM.  To be fair, Totalmix FX is not intuitive.
I maxed out my 8 channel MOTU mixer, and the AI software allows me to mix all 8 (4 stereo pairs), to a stereo buss. Additionally, in jk, even though you have multiple inputs, it will only support 2 output. And, even though under live tracks you see all your stereo pairs as tracks, other attendees of the session will see only one track for you.