• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M Box 3 - can't get latency below 83.33 ms.. suggestions?
hello all,
trying this JamKazam software.  I have an M Box 3 usb i don't use so thought that should work.

Tried everything.  Lowered latency to 64.

my latency doesn't change.  83.33 ms

internet is hard wired

Any suggestions?

Is my interface the problem or is it my internet? I have high speed from a large reputable company.. Rogers cable in Canada
(04-29-2020, 07:49 PM)csrMark Wrote: hello all,
trying this JamKazam software.  I have an M Box 3 usb i don't use so thought that should work.

internet is hard wired

Any suggestions?

Is my interface the problem or is it my internet?  I have high speed from a large reputable company.. Rogers cable in Canada

If you're in a session with another person and you hover over their dot and all the stats, it will tell you where the latency problem is. If you're in a session by yourself you can only see your audio latency, internet/network doesn't factor into it.
(04-29-2020, 07:58 PM)marhdeth Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 07:49 PM)csrMark Wrote: hello all,

internet is hard wired

Any suggestions?

Is my interface the problem or is it my internet?  I have high speed from a large reputable company.. Rogers cable in Canada

If you're in a session with another person and you hover over their dot and all the stats, it will tell you where the latency problem is. If you're in a session by yourself you can only see your audio latency, internet/network doesn't factor into it.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok thank you.   It's during my setup for the very first time trying it i get this latency.  It won't even let me use the interface due to the latency

I have no problem dropping some cash for a different interface if that's actually the problem.
csr
Do you have drivers from Avid installed? If you're just using the plug n play drivers you're going to get crappy latency. You'll need some sort of ASIO drivers (I'm assuming you're on Windows). Download drivers from Avid, or use ASIO4ALL and you might have better luck.
(04-29-2020, 09:09 PM)marhdeth Wrote: Do you have drivers from Avid installed? If you're just using the plug n play drivers you're going to get crappy latency. You'll need some sort of ASIO drivers (I'm assuming you're on Windows). Download drivers from Avid, or use ASIO4ALL and you might have better luck.

Yes, I am using the Avid drivers.  I will try ASIO4ALL and see if it's any better
(04-29-2020, 09:32 PM)csrMark Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 09:09 PM)marhdeth Wrote: Do you have drivers from Avid installed? If you're just using the plug n play drivers you're going to get crappy latency. You'll need some sort of ASIO drivers (I'm assuming you're on Windows). Download drivers from Avid, or use ASIO4ALL and you might have better luck.

Yes, I am using the Avid drivers.  I will try ASIO4ALL and see if it's any better

Downloaded and installed ASIO4ALL.. same thing.. LATENCY UNK.... SECOND BOX RED

Maybe another interface?