• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem controlling mix - help appreciated!
Hi - My buddy and I tried out Jamkazam today. It worked and we loved it, but we had problems controlling the mix. The basic problem was that the mix sounded very different to him and to me, and we didn't know how to change this.
For him, my vocal was way too loud and my guitar was way too soft. I tried adjusting it with the sliders in my own session mix, and I can adjust my mix so that it sounds right to me: in my headphones my guitar and vocal are balanced, and his bass sounds right. But in his headphone my guitar is extremely soft so he can barely hear it, but my vocal is super loud.
It would be great if he could mix my two tracks separately in his phones, but he doesn't see my two tracks as separate. He only sees one track for me in the session, with one slider for my guitar and vocals mixed together, even though I have two tracks going, and I can see them both and move the sliders separately.
Can we control our mixes separately?  He needs to turn my guitar up and my vocal down in his phones, but we don't know how to do that. It seems that I control the balance between my two inputs, and the way he hears them is totally different from the way I have it mixed on my end.

Another strange thing is that he can only see one track for me, even though I have two separate tracks for guitar and vocal, and I can see only one track for him, even though he has two tracks: a bass track and a vocal track. 

Anyone who has figured out how to control the mix in this thing, please help. I really appreciate it!  Thank you.
I have the same problem.  I think this is the way to go:  have your buddy balance his outputs so that they sound good to you, even though they may sound unequal to him.  This is done by balancing the input levels in his audio interface (those levels affect all listeners).  Once that's done, he can use the JamKazam volume controls to separately balance each of his channels.  

Now balance your audio interface levels so that they sound good to your buddy, then use JamKazam to indvidually balance your levels so that they sound good to you.

After this, don't change your audio interface levels or the levels of any line input instruments that feed into the interface.  Maybe make note of them so the next session you can match them.