• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Workaround for ASIO Buffer size and other audio I/O issues (Windows)
Zoom H2 ASIO works and Focusrite ASIO works and ASIO4all works.

ReaRoute works with Ableton 10 that I have on my machine so I am missing a bit of the jigsaw. But I’ll check that I can do it the other way from Ableton live in that I only know that Ableton can get a signal from Reaper

The thing that might give a clue is what does the I/O test measure. And what the two things it measures actually are. And why they appear to be minus figures
I have a problem getting my Focusrite 2i4 2nd gen ( with the very latest software upgrade ) to work with Jamkazam. It was working reasonably well a couple of weeks back, but I've since had a windows update of course plus updating the Focusrite software. I don't have reaper, but I do have Bandlab's Cakewalk and the Focusrite works a treat with this.

Anyhow, when I go to set my audio up and have the Focusrite ASIO control buffer set at 32 ( for example ) as soon as I sync, Jamkazam kicks the Focusrite buffer to 440 and then tells me I have a latency problem!  I reset to 32, but resync kicks it back to 440 again. 

If I reset the ASIO buffer to 32 and then go into the Audio Loop Test it JK either crashes, locks or goes into an eternal "Latency test" 

I've spent about 4 hrs trying all sorts of tricks to try and get past this problem but just keep hitting a brick wall. 

I'll post this on the Focusrite forum too, as I assume many people would have the 2i4 and would want to jam over the internet.
(04-26-2020, 07:57 AM)harleydear Wrote: I have a problem getting my Focusrite 2i4 2nd gen ( with the very latest software upgrade ) to work with Jamkazam. It was working reasonably well a couple of weeks back, but I've since had a windows update of course plus updating the Focusrite software. I don't have reaper, but I do have Bandlab's Cakewalk and the Focusrite works a treat with this.

Anyhow, when I go to set my audio up and have the Focusrite ASIO control buffer set at 32 ( for example ) as soon as I sync, Jamkazam kicks the Focusrite buffer to 440 and then tells me I have a latency problem!  I reset to 32, but resync kicks it back to 440 again. 

If I reset the ASIO buffer to 32 and then go into the Audio Loop Test it JK either crashes, locks or goes into an eternal "Latency test" 

I've spent about 4 hrs trying all sorts of tricks to try and get past this problem but just keep hitting a brick wall. 

I'll post this on the Focusrite forum too, as I assume many people would have the 2i4 and would want to jam over the internet.

Does Cakewalk have the ability to do hardware sends to an ASIO device separate from the configured interface? You could use a different audio routing software like virtual audio cable, synchronous audio router, jack router to set it up similar to the reaper setup.

The idea is.. since the DAWs are able to reliably change the buffer/SR settings, let them do that. Then just send their output to JK in a way JK can’t mess with your ASIO settings.
Re: Focusrite. You probably have tried this but if you right click on the F icon in your system tray and choose either of the options it opens up Focusrite Control. And you can force JK to accept the setting you are pu$ng at it (I think).
The interface in the DAW has a number of options that mean you can try and stop the devices making changes - https://screenrec.com/share/6pnv4zPik9

If I have JK running I can mess it around by making changes in the Focusrite Control and changing sample rates from one to another (one of the various things I have tried to sort my own problem). Previously JK was picking *120* as a setting it kept liking going back to. Why 120? Who knows?
[quote pid='2105' dateline='1587916943']
Re: Focusrite. You probably have tried this but if you right click on the F icon in your system tray and choose either of the options it opens up Focusrite Control. And you can force JK to accept the setting you are pu$ng at it (I think).
The interface in the DAW has a number of options that mean you can try and stop the devices making changes - https://screenrec.com/share/6pnv4zPik9

If I have JK running I can mess it around by making changes in the Focusrite Control and changing sample rates from one to another (one of the various things I have tried to sort my own problem). Previously JK was picking *120* as a setting it kept liking going back to. Why 120? Who knows?
[/quote]
Thanks Nick. Yes, on the previous software version you could that. Not any longer though. The latest software update for Focusrite comes out as Clock Status Locked. Someone on Focusrite forum suggested that was the problem and suggested downloading the Beta version. However this only made matters worse

Luis Rios Zamudio It's a problem with your drivers. "Clock Status" always have to be "SYNCED" not "LOCKED" Try this beta drivers and see if the solve your problem.

http://beta.focusrite.com/

(04-26-2020, 02:18 PM)marhdeth Wrote: Does Cakewalk have the ability to do hardware sends to an ASIO device separate from the configured interface? You could use a different audio routing software like virtual audio cable, synchronous audio router, jack router to set it up similar to the reaper setup.

The idea is.. since the DAWs are able to reliably change the buffer/SR settings, let them do that. Then just send their output to JK in a way JK can’t mess with your ASIO settings.
Thanks marhdeth. I will ask this on the Bandlab forum as I don't know if it has that capability and if so, how I would go about setting that up. Harley
My Focusrite 4i4 always shows as LOCKED and has no hassles and low latency etc
(04-26-2020, 09:26 PM)Nick Blair Wrote: My Focusrite 4i4 always shows as LOCKED and has no hassles and low latency etc
That's interesting, I wonder why mine's not working either synced or locked. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago, but that was before the software update. I downloaded the latest JK update this morning but it's no better.

In fact whereas before when the latency failed you could move onto the audio loop test ( if you changed the ASIO settings ), now you can't even move pass that - one strike and you're out.

So if yours is working, then there must be something subtle that's the difference. I have followed all the JK setting up videos as well. Cheers - Harley
Hello,

This costs $60. No mention is given of the cost to own. With the ASIO device support bad, in comes a vendor with a solution of $60. I am wondering about this Application and it supposed benefits.
(04-26-2020, 11:14 PM)AradoJam Wrote: Hello,

This costs $60. No mention is given of the cost to own. With the ASIO device support bad, in comes a vendor with a solution of $60. I am wondering about this Application and it supposed benefits.

The Reaper evaluation (free, no license requred) is not limited in any way, and after 60 days it will continue to function with no loss of function indefinitely. Does the developer want you to purchase it? Absolutely. Do you have to to continue using it? No.

This is a free workaround I found incredibly helpful given the limitations JamKazam itself has. Workarounds get you going now while we wait for a solution. The proper solution would be JamKazam to implement these configuration options, and not have to rely on outside software. I've submitted this exact feature request here on the forums.
Just to say I have used Reaper for years. It's a wonderful program (I have nothing to do with them I'm just a user) and I happily paid them the money. It's a very fine DAW and I recommend it to friends without hesitation Smile

And if you choose not to pay for it it will still work for ever. It just takes about 30secs to open. But that's a bit cheap isn't it?