• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Workaround for ASIO Buffer size and other audio I/O issues (Windows)
(04-25-2020, 07:10 PM)marhdeth Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 05:10 PM)Nick Blair Wrote: Thank you for this I have been trying to set this up. The thing I can't get past is the Audio Gear test. It always fails on the I/O part. Any idea how I can get that to a lower level?

The latency was sitting happily green at 2.83 but the IO is always Red

Maybe try increasing your buffer up a little bit to give your CPU some breathing room. You can always tweak further after you get through the audio gear settings and into a session. 2.83 ms is faster than I've ever accomplished - is it that low with a stable audio stream? 

Also, have you seen the posts around here suggesting to adjust your windows power settings to high performance? Specifically, adjust the "Minimum Processor State" value up to 100%. This prevents your OS from throttling your CPU during times of less activity, which apparently can cause significant jitter.

I have a focusrite 4i4 that I use and which if I set it at 96kHz gives about 2.9 to 3.3ms latency and works fine when I go direct into Jamkazam. I wanted to use Reaper for various reasons outside of being able to use the Focusrite ASIO driver which works OK, but when I go via ReaRoute the latency is the same (or similar) but the I/O is totally different. At 96kHz it 

From what I can see whatever I set as the input into Reaper from the Focusrite determines the latency into Jamkazam. But the I/O steadfastly refuses to come off a rate of 0 as this - 
[Image: io.jpg]

If I do it at 48kHz and 64 then the latency increases to about 4 but the I/O stays at 0 and the variance is still some huge number (-5818.31). If I 'Tweak the Settings' and choose Slow the latency goes up to about 11ms and the I/O is I/O Rate=0 Var=1560.17.

If I ignore Reaper (which I don't want to do I get these figures) Focusrite 

If I set Focusrite up again from scratch I get the same sort of latency at 2.9ms but the I/O figures are I/O Rate -400 Var -0.34

SO my problem appears to be the I/O rate of 0 but I have no idea what that means or how I affect it 

Thanks for your assistance so far much appreciated Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Workaround for ASIO Buffer size and other audio I/O issues (Windows) - by Nick Blair - 04-25-2020, 08:23 PM