• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preview/Recording/Mixing Issues
Hi all...just signed up to this yesterday and starting to play. Tried recording my vocal along with Jam Track backing. After recording, when I hit PREVIEW, I only hear the Jam Track...not my vocal. But when I listen to the temporary WAV file it puts on my system, the vocal is there (although a few pops in the recording). 

Also...for recording attempts 1 and 2, when I check the status of the mix, the MIXING portion has been going on for 4 hours. It fails and then tries again. STREAM MIX and TRACK all indicated in Green. Just never succeeds in completing the mix. 

My third attempt indicate STREAM MIX MISSING (Red), one TRACK indicates Green, and the other indicates PENDING UPLOAD (Yellow)...for the last 20 minutes. Any help guidance would be appreciated.
here is some from another post:

"The "mixing" of recordings is JamKazams server trying to make a kind of mastermix that can be played when finished.

If it is a public recording everyone in JamKazam can directly hear it - and it can be shared via a link, to Facebook whatever.

That is the idea.

But in the last 4 month the mixing proces has failed. Not a single recording has succeded in the last 4 month or so (look in sessions/VIEW THE FEED and choose to show recordings only).

And the sharing function to Facebook whatever has not worked for at least a year or two.

One can open and hear the recordings while in session - and use the recorded rawfiles on the hard drive in other programs.

In C:\Users\*name*\Music\JamKazam\Recordings (for Windows) is the raw files - or use export function in JamKazams File Manager
"

By the way:

If you check "Keep Uncompressed recordings" in POWER MIXER, the uncrompressed wav-files will not be replaced by compressed ogg-files.

The wav-files is 32-bit, 48 kHz uncompressed, you may know

POWER MIXER - in session: Ctrl + S h i f t + m.
(04-23-2020, 05:25 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: here is some from another post:

"The "mixing" of recordings is JamKazams server trying to make a kind of mastermix that can be played when finished.

If it is a public recording everyone in JamKazam can directly hear it - and it can be shared via a link, to Facebook whatever.

That is the idea.

But in the last 4 month the mixing proces has failed. Not a single recording has succeded in the last 4 month or so (look in sessions/VIEW THE FEED and choose to show recordings only).

And the sharing function to Facebook whatever has not worked for at least a year or two.

One can open and hear the recordings while in session - and use the recorded rawfiles on the hard drive in other programs.

In C:\Users\*name*\Music\JamKazam\Recordings (for Windows) is the raw files - or use export function in JamKazams File Manager
"

By the way:

If you check "Keep Uncompressed recordings" in POWER MIXER, the uncrompressed wav-files will not be replaced by compressed ogg-files.

The wav-files is 32-bit, 48 kHz uncompressed, you may know

POWER MIXER - in session: Ctrl + S h i f t + m.

Hi Hans...thank you so much. I appreciate your time. So I wonder why those features are not working, and have not been for so long? No one running the store? Do you still like and use this platform, despite the shortcomings?
Yes, despite those shortcoming i am very satisfied with jamKazam.

I am of course very irritated by this and that shortcomings - but in the whole the program is very good.

If I need to "publish" a recording, I just mix it my self.

And that will even give a better result.

But of course I expect or hope that this and that will be fixet - tomorrow

JamKazam has been lazy - or they have been on work in regular jobs. In 2-3 years.

But now they are more engaged - hope ahead.

In fact I think they now are back in "office" - or some of them

Crunchbase - JamKazam, Inc.

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/...n-overview
(04-23-2020, 05:51 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Yes, despite those shortcoming i am very satisfied with jamKazam.

I am of course very irritated by this and that shortcomings - but in the whole the program is very good.

If I need to "publish" a recording, I just mix it my self.

And that will even give a better result.

But of course I expect or hope that this and that will be fixet - tomorrow

JamKazam has been lazy - or they have been on work in regular jobs. In 2-3 years.

But now they are more engaged - hope ahead.

In fact I think they now are back in "office" - or some of them

Crunchbase - JamKazam, Inc.

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/...n-overview

Hi again Hans...so if the system does not do the mix for you as it indicates, how/where do you get those files so you can mix yourself? For me, it only seems to place 2 OGG files in my system related to the recording. One called LOCAL, which is just my vocal, and another called MIX, which is my vocal and acting Jam Track. So if I were to do the same as you're doing, I would need the Jam Track channel as well. Sorry for all the questions, this is brand new to me.
I wiil ask you to search for recording.

I have made a post specifically about that.

There you can find info about how to find your recorded raw files.

I must be confused - I already has told:

I have been experimenting with recordings.... and reading lots of posts. The summary seems to be:

Set the option in the power mixer to ‘save uncompressed recordings’ (see further up this post)
After clicking ‘save’ ... leave the session (yes, I know it sounds daft - but leaving the session enables the save to complete) .... But dont exit from JK.
You wont be able to save a backing track - I think this is because the backing track dialog closes when you close the session - and deletes the track
You will now get notified as the wav files get saved

You can open new sessions - but wont be able to create new recordings until the first one finishes

Once files are saved - they can be exported from file manager (default location user/documents/jamkazam/recordings/name-of-recording) (as of files)
Uncompressed recordings are in random named folders under user/music/jamkazam/recordings/...... (as wav files)

Hope that helps
Recordings are saved at once - no need to leave session for that.

And after saving (or discarding, for that matter) a new recording can be started, at once - provided all participants in the session has discarded or saved the previous one

Have a look yourself in the recordings folder.

Right after recording and saving - without leaving the session.
The folder will have a new folder. Containing all the recorded files.
Find the new folder using the dating.

And even if discarding a recording, the files will be there - at least for a while.
According to what Seth Call (or Eric Mcquaid, maybe) from JamKazam wrote in the apps GLOBAL CHAT a month or so ago
I can confirm that even if a recording is discarded, the files are still on the hard drive.
For an indefinite period so far ...

Another demonstration:
Start a recording.
Go to recording directory.
Find the new folder - which has just been created.
Open the folder - and view the files.
Notice that they grow in size and so on ...

Stop the recording - and discard it.
Observe what happens to the folder and its content!
Thanks - i had wondered if that might be the case after making that post (and thinking about it) ..was going to test. The ‘file manager’ though just shows ‘uploading’ ... I have left that going for hours and it was only on leaving the session that it changed status.

Also useful to know that those files build up in that ‘otherwise not noticeable folder’ .... will need to remember to keep emptying the trash to avoid filling my system disk.

I assume that there is no ‘clever fix’ for recording the backing track? .... although we do have that separately and can transfer it around if necessary