• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamkazam app crashes on startup
Smile Hi, Couldn't wait to tell you that I've solved this problem and maybe it can help other users. I tried all the suggestions and then as a long shot I tried something so simple  Rolleyes 

Here it is - Using MacBook Pro, previously I would quit all other apps in my dock and then launch JK from the dock. I then thought how about removing JK from the dock and launch directly from 'Applications' - Presto!! Smile Smile Smile

Hope this helps reduce some stress levels!
(05-02-2020, 01:50 PM)taylorgtr Wrote: Looks like it's Mojave / Catalina related. I went back to my 2009 Mac Mini running Yosemite, and it works fine. My iMac is 2013, and i was thinking of updgrading it, but that's an expensive way to fix the problem. Anyone running this successfully on a later-gen machine with Mojave or Catalina? 

....or do I have to roll back to a previous version (and what one - High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan or Yosemite)?

Data dump from the error is at the link below:

https://app.box.com/s/kuibliarptpskuwvu4zbqjzdviq50goc
I have been working with 5 of my musician friends (violin, flute, clarinet, cello, and piano) to get set up.  Everybody has different tech--go figure.  So far, three of us are using iMacs, the newest of which is a 2017 model.  First thing I did was upgrade the memory to the max.  On older iMacs with the CD drive, it's really easy--unscrew three little screws on the bottom, pop out the old memory and inert the new memory. For newer iMacs in the newer slim format without the CD drive, it is MUCH more difficult.  I was able to do it my self, but this is not for the faint of heart.  Memory is on the backside of the mother board--you have to remove EVERYTHING to get to the memory slots.  While I was at it I replaced the HDD with an SDD.  There are also a couple MacBook Pros in the mix that have been upgraded to the max as well.  The point is that you need to have enough horsepower to make it work.  There are GREAT DYI videos on www.macsales.com or you can get somebody local to do the upgrades that you might need.  Next, I made sure all of the machines were updated to the newest MacOS possible.  In the case of the oldest machine, it was High Sierra.  For the newer machines, it's Catalina. 

Added bonus is that the new Garage Band will will work with these newer operating systems, but not older.  

We all know that JK can be a bit buggy.  The idea of uninstalling and reinstalling the app is a good one.  May help a lot.  

I hope this helps in some way.
(06-13-2020, 05:33 PM)Oboist Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 01:50 PM)taylorgtr Wrote: Looks like it's Mojave / Catalina related. I went back to my 2009 Mac Mini running Yosemite, and it works fine. My iMac is 2013, and i was thinking of updgrading it, but that's an expensive way to fix the problem. Anyone running this successfully on a later-gen machine with Mojave or Catalina? 

....or do I have to roll back to a previous version (and what one - High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan or Yosemite)?

Data dump from the error is at the link below:

https://app.box.com/s/kuibliarptpskuwvu4zbqjzdviq50goc
I have been working with 5 of my musician friends (violin, flute, clarinet, cello, and piano) to get set up.  Everybody has different tech--go figure.  So far, three of us are using iMacs, the newest of which is a 2017 model.  First thing I did was upgrade the memory to the max.  On older iMacs with the CD drive, it's really easy--unscrew three little screws on the bottom, pop out the old memory and inert the new memory. For newer iMacs in the newer slim format without the CD drive, it is MUCH more difficult.  I was able to do it my self, but this is not for the faint of heart.  Memory is on the backside of the mother board--you have to remove EVERYTHING to get to the memory slots.  While I was at it I replaced the HDD with an SDD.  There are also a couple MacBook Pros in the mix that have been upgraded to the max as well.  The point is that you need to have enough horsepower to make it work.  There are GREAT DYI videos on www.macsales.com or you can get somebody local to do the upgrades that you might need.  Next, I made sure all of the machines were updated to the newest MacOS possible.  In the case of the oldest machine, it was High Sierra.  For the newer machines, it's Catalina. 

Added bonus is that the new Garage Band will will work with these newer operating systems, but not older.  

We all know that JK can be a bit buggy.  The idea of uninstalling and reinstalling the app is a good one.  May help a lot.  

I hope this helps in some way.
Hi, Thanks for the Macsales link - great website and very helpful. I may well upgrade to max. I have 2011 MBP, High Sierra. I'm still at set-up stage and want to see if JK is even possible with my gear before doing any further investment. Based in UK.
(05-14-2020, 05:07 PM)Cobbyco Wrote: Hi, I had this exact issue and I finally managed to speak to someone at JamKazam who looked at my error report and said that there is a known issue with a facebook plug in that causes this.

I got rid of it by doing the following:

Open Finder
Hold down the Option key and select the Go menu - You should see a "Library" option if you have the option key held down
Click this and open the Library
Find the folder called "Internet Plug-Ins"
Look for a file with "fb" in it's name.  I don't know if its always the same but mine was called "fbplugins_1_0_1.plugin"
Delete it.

JamKazam should now open OK - It did for me anyway.

Hope that helps

-----------------
Thank you! This fix worked for me. The file name was the same for me. 
(06-13-2020, 05:08 PM)Terri 716 Wrote: Smile Hi, Couldn't wait to tell you that I've solved this problem and maybe it can help other users. I tried all the suggestions and then as a long shot I tried something so simple  Rolleyes 

Here it is - Using MacBook Pro, previously I would quit all other apps in my dock and then launch JK from the dock. I then thought how about removing JK from the dock and launch directly from 'Applications' - Presto!! Smile Smile Smile

THANK  YOU!!! Worked for me. Stress level back to normal. Smile
(07-04-2020, 09:55 AM)Fill Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 05:08 PM)Terri 716 Wrote: Smile Hi, Couldn't wait to tell you that I've solved this problem and maybe it can help other users. I tried all the suggestions and then as a long shot I tried something so simple  Rolleyes 

THANK  YOU!!! Worked for me. Stress level back to normal. Smile

This actually worked for me as well. Haven’t gone beyond a private session yet, but it didn’t crash. Fascinating.
(04-30-2020, 06:57 PM)I\m running High Sierra and the app won't even load before it crashestaylorgtr Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 11:12 PM)JAMGK Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 05:56 AM)Patrice Brousseau Wrote: Try to remove the program with AppCleaner. I mean, you remove all files found by AppCleaner and then, reinstall.

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/
I tried that but the app is still cra$ng on my iMAC running OS Mohave 10.14.6.  It runs ok on my macbook running El Capitan, and a friend runs it ok on High Sierra.  I did several clean uninstalls on my imac even using appcleaner.  Any thoughts?

I've got a similar problem. Downloaded the client today (so I assume it's the latest version). It will attempt to launch, but crashes every time. I've re-downloaded, and attempted to remove it via the latest version of AppCleaner....still, crashes on launch. Every time. 

I've tried launching after a clean restart with no other apps running....and same result. Crash report sent to JamKazam.  Is it related to Mojave? 

iMac 21.5 inch, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM 1600MHz DDR3, running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Sorry about the last post-- I'm running HIgh Sierra and the app doesn't even get to thwe main screen before it crashes-- almost instantly. Before I updated the software, sometimes I could open the screen and start using it but now nothing
(04-19-2020, 12:28 AM)araulfiol Wrote: I'm running on a MacBook Pro 10.14.6  Intel Core i5 proc.
I get the following error message when I start the app... Initially, the app worked when using the built-in mic. Then since I've hooked up my Focusrite Solo gen3 audio interface, JamKazam app crashes and displays the error below. The app still crashes now even when I configure system preferences back to the built-in mic, etc...

The last time you opened JamKazam, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?
If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself.

Also continued to crash even after uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Fixed!  On advice from another reply, opened a second user in my Mac and downloaded JamKazam again and was able to open it without it cra$ng!  Now I just need to figure out how to use it!