• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Line 6 Helix as audio interface?
Since Helix to computer over USB can be used in so many ways ( DAW, audio source for web cam recordings etc)  I'm not sure why it wouldn't function as the audio interface required for JamKazam.

The Helix is a complex "pedalboard" used mainly by guitarists.  Numerous inputs and outputs.

https://youtu.be/ae8gh2WpW0M
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
On windows, if the helix has native ASIO driver, it should work with a decent delay.
I use a Line 6 Pod xt and I get a delay of 17-18 ms which is not perfect but usable.
Avoid using ASIO4ALL driver which offers a very bad delay.
Helix does have a native driver. Thanks
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
My Helix is working fine as an audio interface with JamKazam. 8 in, 8 out.

Using my Helix as an audio interface, each patch can have up four outputs, each of which is two USB out channels. In my Helix patch, my vocal mic output is USB1/2, my guitar output is USB3/4, and my keyboard is USB5/6. In JamKazam, they are input ports 1 and 2, 3 and 4, and 5 and 6 respectively.

Output ports 1 and 2 from JamKazam appear in my Helix as inputs USB1/2, and are routed directly to the XLR outs. This is a global configuration that does not go through patches.

Helix patches can also take input from USB3/4, USB5/6, and USB 7/8.
Helix works pretty well (10.3 ms internal latency) with Mac OSX High Sierra,   I also plug my mic in to the floor so everything goes through a single pipe.