• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JamKazam/MacPro buffering and releasing audio
I am using JamKazam on a MacBook Pro running OS Sierra with a Behringer U-Phoria UM2 audio interface. Intermittently what happens is the outbound audio will stop for a second or 2, and then it seems to dump the buffered audio but it just sounds like garbled data. Seems like it's buffering and releasing for some reason. It happens intermittently every couple of minutes. Not sure if the problem is on the MacBook, JamKazam software or the Behringer interface. 
Any ideas?

Thanks
(11-21-2021, 05:12 PM)jimlarsen@telus.net Wrote: I am using JamKazam on a MacBook Pro running OS Sierra with a Behringer U-Phoria UM2 audio interface. Intermittently what happens is the outbound audio will stop for a second or 2, and then it seems to dump the buffered audio but it just sounds like garbled data. Seems like it's buffering and releasing for some reason. It happens intermittently every couple of minutes. Not sure if the problem is on the MacBook, JamKazam software or the Behringer interface. 
Any ideas?

Thanks

>>>
Hi Jim, my first thought would be your network/internet connection.
Do you have 'a reasonable and steady' upload?
Are there more users on your network? (e.g. gaming/streaming/etc. can cause considerable load)

Test (here:  https://speed.cloudflare.com ) what your down-/upload, ping & jitter numbers are. (trust you're using 'wired' network?)
> Tamacti Jun <
(11-22-2021, 12:15 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 05:12 PM)jimlarsen@telus.net Wrote: I am using JamKazam on a MacBook Pro running OS Sierra with a Behringer U-Phoria UM2 audio interface. Intermittently what happens is the outbound audio will stop for a second or 2, and then it seems to dump the buffered audio but it just sounds like garbled data. Seems like it's buffering and releasing for some reason. It happens intermittently every couple of minutes. Not sure if the problem is on the MacBook, JamKazam software or the Behringer interface. 
Any ideas?

Thanks

>>>
Are there more users on your network? (e.g. gaming/streaming/etc. can cause considerable load)

Test (here:  https://speed.cloudflare.com ) what your down-/upload, ping & jitter numbers are. (trust you're using 'wired' network?)

(11-22-2021, 07:45 PM)jimlarsen@telus.net Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 12:15 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
Any ideas?

Thanks

>>>

[quote pid='8834' dateline='1637583313']
Thanks Dmitri...here are my test results:

Download 59.5 Mbps
Upload 10.7 Mbps
Ping 19.1
Jitter 7.49 Ms

I am testing from Calgary AB...

[/quote]
jimlarsen@telus.net

Download 59.5 Mbps
Upload 10.7 Mbps
Ping 19.1
Jitter 7.49 Ms

>>>
Ping & Jitter seem high. Can you test against your ISP? (e.g. using the ookla app or website)
Not using WiFi right? (WiFi switched off)

Does it happen in all sessions, with any number of peers?
> Tamacti Jun <
(11-22-2021, 08:25 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: jimlarsen@telus.net

Download 59.5 Mbps
Upload 10.7 Mbps
Ping 19.1
Jitter 7.49 Ms

>>>
Ping & Jitter seem high. Can you test against your ISP? (e.g. using the ookla app or website)

Here are the numbers with wifi turned off:

Download 57.9 Mbps
Upload 11.4 Mbps
Ping 11.4
Jitter 1.78 Ms

The issues seem to arise intermittently in sessions with 2 or 3 connections
(11-23-2021, 02:22 AM)jimlarsen@telus.net Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 08:25 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: jimlarsen@telus.net

Download 59.5 Mbps
Upload 10.7 Mbps
Ping 19.1
Jitter 7.49 Ms

>>>

Here are the numbers with wifi turned off:

Download 57.9 Mbps
Upload 11.4 Mbps
Ping 11.4
Jitter 1.78 Ms

The issues seem to arise intermittently in sessions with 2 or 3 connections

>>>
Using cloudflare or an address at your own ISP?
If you're up for it, we could look at your settings in a session.
> Tamacti Jun <