• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Error - Audio System Unstable - Unable to Shutdown Audio Output subsystem
(04-03-2021, 04:30 PM)TonyAro Wrote: I've stumbled upon a solution that makes little sense but it works for me.

Before opening the computer app, I logged into JamKazam through my browser (Chrome).
Then I opened the JamKazam app on my computer and I do not get the error, "Can not close audio output IO subsystem..."

There is also an update to Big Sur 11.2.3 I don't know if this helped.

Good Luck.

Helped with me, thanks a lot!  Smile
(04-03-2021, 04:30 PM)TonyAro Wrote: I've stumbled upon a solution that makes little sense but it works for me.

Before opening the computer app, I logged into JamKazam through my browser (Chrome).
Then I opened the JamKazam app on my computer and I do not get the error, "Can not close audio output IO subsystem..."

Good Luck.

Tried this!

No joy. (I used Safari, I don't like Chrome for various reasons).

I get the same error message. At least this time I get a diagnostic out of it...

Attached Files
.txt   JamKazam Error Log.txt (Size: 106.84 KB / Downloads: 4)
(04-06-2021, 06:06 PM)cvnasipak Wrote:

Good Luck.

Tried this!

I get the same error message. At least this time I get a diagnostic out of it...
Well, try installing Chrome for just this once.  Since I've found this solution, I no longer have to sign in through my Browser any more. Seems I can open the JamKazam app directly.  Good luck. If you find another solution, let us know.
(04-06-2021, 06:57 PM)TonyAro Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 06:06 PM)cvnasipak Wrote:

Good Luck.

Tried this!

Well, try installing Chrome for just this once.  Since I've found this solution, I no longer have to sign in through my Browser any more. Seems I can open the JamKazam app directly.  Good luck. If you find another solution, let us know.

This worked and the app now runs, but we seem to be having some audio issues between me and the other participant I was trying to play with.
All I hear from their end is a high-pitched buzz. Wondering if we have some sort of configuration mismatch.

ETA: Tested with FaceTime and it seemed to work well at first but sound from his end cuts out after a few moments. Looks like there may be a non-JK problem there.
(03-28-2021, 07:18 PM)cvnasipak Wrote: Brand new JK user here, I actually purchased this MacBook specifically for JK. I'm running an Intel MBP2020 with Big Sur (11.2.3) and a FocusRite Solo connected by a USB-C cable. I have a functional ethernet connection (I'm using it to browse this page now).

When I try to launch JK (1.0.3747) I get the same "cannot shut down audio" error message.

I have checked the activity monitor and there is no entry for "coreaudiod". I tried killing it from the terminal using "sudo killall coreaudiod" as I launched the app, but I get no error from the kill command and JK still throws the same error.

Same situation here, none of the proposed solutions works. MacBook Pro Big Sur 11.2.3. Just updated to Big Sur, did not know JK will stop working. Have no clue about what to try
JK client does work under Big Sur. I just upgraded from Catalina, and it's working fine. I made certain that all of the 3rd party hardware and software I use is up to date and compatible with Big Sur before installing the new OS.

I don't doubt that some folks are having problems using JamKazam and Big Sur, but for many, it's not an issue.
I just tackled this problem for a new user getting rather frustrated with JK. It appears to be a problem with Big Sur and the coreaudiod, and the instructions here allowed JK to function correctly: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252038194
Hello!

What a bundle of absolute $ this is!

I paid good money after browsing the website to set up a project, and then found out that the content is hidden behind a garbage app that barely functions and everybody has been conned out of their money!!

I have joined to forum to noise up the owners, and I'm going to then go forth and disparage this absolute piece of crap everywhere!

Nice to meet you all!
(07-23-2021, 07:53 PM)Jeemy Wrote: Hello!

What a bundle of absolute $ this is!

I paid good money after browsing the website to set up a project, and then found out that the content is hidden behind a garbage app that barely functions and everybody has been conned out of their money!!

I have joined to forum to noise up the owners, and I'm going to then go forth and disparage this absolute piece of crap everywhere!

Nice to meet you all!

>>>
Hi, are you sure you're in the right place?
Please do explain!
> Tamacti Jun <
(03-24-2021, 02:50 AM)caryian Wrote: I (sort of) solved the problem.  It's a hack, but these steps allowed me to launch the app:

1) Open Activity Monitor
2) Locate the coreaudiod process
3) Launch the JamKazam app
4) Immediately after launching the app, while it is still loading, switch back to the Activity Monitor an drill the coreaudiod process

The above solution worked for me. Here it is with details.

1) Open Activity Monitor
2) Locate the coreaudiod process in the search bar in Activity Monitor
3) Launch the JamKazam app
4) Immediately after launching the app, while it is still loading, switch back to the Activity Monitor an 'stop' (kill) the coreaudiod process.