• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Error - Audio System Unstable - Unable to Shutdown Audio Output subsystem
(03-25-2021, 04:08 PM)David Hines Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 02:50 AM)caryian Wrote: I (sort of) solved the problem.  It's a hack, but these steps allowed me to launch the app:

1) Open Activity Monitor
2) Locate the coreaudiod process
3) Launch the JamKazam app
4) Immediately after launching the app, while it is still loading, switch back to the Activity Monitor an drill the coreaudiod process
Hi caryian. What does "drill" mean in your suggestion above? I don't see a "drill" button in Activity Monitor. Thanks.
Mac mini with M1 processor running Big Sur 11.2.3.  Experiencing same issue OP is having.  Jamkazam Customer Support believes it is an issue caused by Big Sur.  I called Apple and they escalated me to a second level tech.  He screen recorded the app cra$ng and then the app successfully loading using caryian's 'hack' resolution.  (Thank you, caryian.).   The tech is sending the recording on to their development team.  We shall see what happens.  Anyways,  to make carrion's hack work you need to have the Activity Monitor open.  Under 'CPU'  double click on the coreaudiad process to open the core audio window with the 'quit button'. There might be more than one coreaudiod process but the one that you need to quit has 'Apple' under the Architecture column and '_coreaudiod' under the User column.  Now open Jamkazam and as it loads you must get to the coreaudiod window you have opened and click 'quit'.  Now Jamkazam will continue to open and you should be able to sign in. I failed at this attempt the first few times because I wasn't quick enough. I am sorry for the detailed instruction but I am a little older and I like clarity.   Hopefully caryian's method will work for you until either Apple or the Jamkazam development team find a fix.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New installation-getting an error when launching the app - by Mike1967 - 04-03-2021, 05:10 PM