• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropped from Sessions
I am a new user and have done a couple of sessions.  I keep getting dropped from the session after about 30 minutes.  The screen makes it look like I'm still in the session, but I can't hear and they can't hear me.  Clicking the leave button won't work and I have to close out JamKazam and open it back up to re-enter the session.  I'm running Window 10 Pro on a desktop machine that is less than a year old and have the sleep setting to never.

Thanks for any advice that will solve this problem.
(02-19-2021, 08:36 PM)rubato Wrote: I am a new user and have done a couple of sessions.  I keep getting dropped from the session after about 30 minutes.  The screen makes it look like I'm still in the session, but I can't hear and they can't hear me.  Clicking the leave button won't work and I have to close out JamKazam and open it back up to re-enter the session.  I'm running Window 10 Pro on a desktop machine that is less than a year old and have the sleep setting to never.

Have you optimized your Windows machine to properly handle real-time audio? Run the Latencymon app for at least 5 minutes and see what it says. Also, follow the advise given in the Glitchfree PDF document. You can find links to both of these elsewhere in the forum using the Search function. While you're at it, run the bufferbloat test on your router at dslreports.com to see how your router performs under load.
(02-19-2021, 09:18 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 08:36 PM)rubato Wrote: I am a new user and have done a couple of sessions.  I keep getting dropped from the session after about 30 minutes.  The screen makes it look like I'm still in the session, but I can't hear and they can't hear me.  Clicking the leave button won't work and I have to close out JamKazam and open it back up to re-enter the session.  I'm running Window 10 Pro on a desktop machine that is less than a year old and have the sleep setting to never.

Have you optimized your Windows machine to properly handle real-time audio? Run the Latencymon app for at least 5 minutes and see what it says. Also, follow the advise given in the Glitchfree PDF document. You can find links to both of these elsewhere in the forum using the Search function. While you're at it, run the bufferbloat test on your router at dslreports.com to see how your router performs under load.
StuartR - thanks much for the advice.  I'll work on your suggestions.
(02-20-2021, 09:12 PM)rubato Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 09:18 PM)StuartR Wrote:

StuartR - thanks much for the advice.  I'll work on your suggestions.
Let us know what you find and hopefully we can help!