• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen Latency and jitter
(01-30-2021, 06:07 PM)ellis@hillinger.org Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 10:15 PM)Terles Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 09:33 PM)bbirling Wrote: I am running the Focusrite solo 3rd gen on Win 10 laptop. Couple questions.

1. Has anyone gotten the Latency under 7.4ms
2. When using a Logitech 920 the input output jitter becomes upwards of 7-8 and occasionally 1.00. 
3. Along with the above, some scratchyness and pops but mostly when the jitter starts to jump around.

I have gone through many many on the videos and settings for the suggested changes to the system and router. None seems to have an effect on the issues.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce
Focusrite work best at 96000 sample rate, and keep the buffer size as low as possible.  I'm running my 1st gen SOLO at 3.2 msec latency.  Adding video can/will impact latency, possibly jitter also.  Use the webcam settings under Manage menu to set video as low a resolution as possible.

Terles -

What buffer size are you using with the 96000 sample rate that gets your solo down to 3.2 ms?

TIA

Ellis
probably 1ms.

Be advised that Jamkazam has not been accurate with reporting system latency on the Focusrite Scarlett boxes.
My jam partner uses a 2i2 2nd gen and her latency is reported to be zero (which is impossible in the digital world).

She uses 48Khz (as do I) and 2.5ms buffer.

I'm using 1 ms buffer for my MOTU, which reports 2.7ms system latency (probably accurate). Our session latency stays under 20ms about 90% of the time.