• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduce Latency with Focusrite Solo on iMac
I've installed and set up a Focusrite Solo 3rd generation on my iMac running OS10.15.7 Catalina.  I'm getting a latency of 11.27 ms. But specifications state that I should be able to achieve a latency of 8 ms.  I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have.  Thanks.
(01-09-2021, 02:03 PM)Rob Lewis Wrote: I've installed and set up a Focusrite Solo 3rd generation on my iMac running OS10.15.7 Catalina.  I'm getting a latency of 11.27 ms. But specifications state that I should be able to achieve a latency of 8 ms.  I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have.  Thanks.

>>>
Did you adjust the 'Audio FrameSize' in JKz? (only possible when in a session)
(01-09-2021, 02:03 PM)Rob Lewis Wrote: I've installed and set up a Focusrite Solo 3rd generation on my iMac running OS10.15.7 Catalina.  I'm getting a latency of 11.27 ms. But specifications state that I should be able to achieve a latency of 8 ms.  I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have.  Thanks.
That 8 msec latency may only be achievable using their custom audio driver. Do you have version 3.60 of their Control installed and configured?
(01-09-2021, 02:20 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>
I'm not sure how to do that.  Is there a JKz video link available?  Thanks?

(01-09-2021, 02:32 PM)StuartR Wrote:
That 8 msec latency may only be achievable using their custom audio driver. Do you have version 3.60 of their Control installed and configured?
I thought that driver installation was only necessary on PC's.  Where can I download the custom audio driver for a Mac. Thanks.

I thought that driver installation was only necessary on PC's. Where can I download the custom audio driver for a Mac? Thanks.
(01-09-2021, 06:31 PM)Rob Lewis Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 02:20 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>
I'm not sure how to do that.  Is there a JKz video link available?  Thanks?

(01-09-2021, 02:32 PM)StuartR Wrote:
I thought that driver installation was only necessary on PC's.  Where can I download the custom audio driver for a Mac. Thanks.

I thought that driver installation was only necessary on PC's.  Where can I download the custom audio driver for a Mac? Thanks.
Go to the vendor support site, enter your interface model and download the MAC version. Without it you'll only be using the built-in Core Audio system which handles class-compliant interfaces but wasn't designed to minimize latency as much as we need for realtime audio.