• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latency too high with presonus 96 USB on mac m1
Anyone have any suggestions - latency with Ethernet at > 11ms
(01-06-2021, 07:43 PM)Nicimodo Wrote: Anyone have any suggestions - latency with Ethernet at > 11ms
More information needed. Does your MAC have Thunderbolt 3 ports? Does that interface have a custom driver for MAC?
(01-06-2021, 07:43 PM)Nicimodo Wrote: Anyone have any suggestions - latency with Ethernet at > 11ms

>>>
So, is your local gear / AI / sound card latency >11ms? (=not so good)

Or is your network/internet latency (hence the "with Ethernet" mention) >11ms? (=very acceptable)

Or maybe your 'total latency' is >11ms? (that would be brilliant btw.)

NB - the use of the 'greater than' > is a little confusing also.
50ms is also >11ms and would be bad in any aspect.
The Scarlett has a USB connection to my MAC - is this the problem?
10.3 ms seems too great a latency for this.
I also have it running internally thru logic is this creating more latency?
(01-09-2021, 01:46 AM)ericr61 Wrote: The Scarlett has a USB connection to my MAC - is this the problem?
Some MACs have Thunderbolt 3 ports via USB. If yours does check to see if the AI vendor has a custom MAC driver. That will make a significant difference in latency.
(01-09-2021, 06:57 AM)StuartR Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:46 AM)ericr61 Wrote: The Scarlett has a USB connection to my MAC - is this the problem?
Some MACs have Thunderbolt 3 ports via USB. If yours does check to see if the AI vendor has a custom MAC driver. That will make a significant difference in latency.
Thank you! My iMac 2020 has the thunderbolt three ports via USB C. Can I use an adapter cable? What is an AI vendor- Do I need to ask Apple if they have a custom MAC driver? Thaks again for responding.
I'm having latency issues with my Scarlette 18i8, does anyone know about solving this?
(01-09-2021, 07:33 AM)ericr61 Wrote:
Thank you! My iMac 2020 has the thunderbolt three ports via USB C. Can I use an adapter cable? What is an AI vendor- Do I need to ask Apple if they have a custom MAC driver? Thaks again for responding.
The Thunderbolt 3 interface is expressed through those USB C ports but you need their MAC driver. Did you install the latest version of Focusrite Control? Go to the Focusrite download site and look for it there. Let us know how it goes!
(01-09-2021, 02:37 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 07:33 AM)ericr61 Wrote:
The Thunderbolt 3 interface is expressed through those USB C ports but you need their MAC driver. Did you install the latest version of Focusrite Control? Go to the Focusrite download site and look for it there. Let us know how it goes!
Got it, I will let you know and thanks again for responding!
I'm having latency issues with my Scarlette 18i8, does anyone know about solving this?