• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
network configurations
HI Everyone,
I need help as I cannot use JamKazam at all.  Can someone help me find out which JamKazam "network settings" to use? Its those setting that are found under the "manage tag" in the upper left of the home page.  Fo some reasons I am totally unable to connect to the server and am hoping that new JK network settings will help.  I am running a 2008 Mac book pro, with ethernet cable, xfinity router and all recommended settings on the hardware and router
end are correct.
thanks for any help Cool
(10-30-2020, 06:41 PM)chigger Wrote: HI Everyone,
I need help as I cannot use JamKazam at all.  Can someone help me find out which JamKazam "network settings" to use? Its those setting that are found under the "manage tag" in the upper left of the home page.  Fo some reasons I am totally unable to connect to the server and am hoping that new JK network settings will help.  I am running a 2008 Mac book pro, with ethernet cable, xfinity router and all recommended settings on the hardware and router
end are correct.
thanks for any help Cool

>>>
Hi, so exactly what "server" are you trying to connect to?
Hoe would I know what "server" I'm using? Where would I find out that information?
Thanks, Dimitri.
(10-30-2020, 09:35 PM)chigger Wrote: Hoe would I know what "server" I'm using? Where would I find out that information?
Thanks, Dimitri.
Currently you don't have to connect to a specific JK server as only P2P (peer to peer) is supported. When you start your local copy of the JK client it automatically connects to the JK server and waits for you to create a session and add members. Then it facilitates the connections between everyone.

The settings you've seen under the Network tab are probably for their future client-server model which hasn't been rolled out yet. I don't think they have any effect at this juncture.
end are correct.
thanks for any help Cool
Don't change any settings initially, until you can have a successful solo session at least.  Maybe uninstall and reinstall the Jamkazam application (to reset any default settings you have changed), then redo your audio setup, then see if you can do a Private (Solo) session successfully.
(10-30-2020, 09:35 PM)chigger Wrote: Hoe would I know what "server" I'm using? Where would I find out that information?
Thanks, Dimitri.
>>>
Exactly! you don't ;-)

Just go 'start a session' and see what gives.

D./
end are correct.
thanks for any help Cool

Perhaps you can describe exactly what isn't working? Some questions...
  • Can you log into Jam Kazam?
  • Have you set up your audio interface?
  • Can you start a solo session?
  • If you can start a solo session, can you hear yourself?
  • If you can hear yourself, have you tried joining an open session?
  • Is this when you run into an issue?
  • If so, describe the issue in detail
JK is a relatively complex environment and it will be easier to pinpoint the issue with very specific details of the problem. 

/r
Hello,

I am new to JamKazam. In the last week I have purchased a Scarlett Focusrite bundle, and set it up in my home network.

I am not understanding the difference in latency I am seeing between my Mac & Dell Latitude. I have new 2020 computers, a MacBook Pro and Dell Latitude with Windows 10.

I purchased a high quality Ethernet cable from Sweetwater. I have it connected to my Xfininity Modem.

With the PC, the Ethernet cable snaps in directly to the unit. With the MacBook Pro, I purchased a "Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter" which was personally recommended by an Apple sales rep, aware of the model of Mac I own.

After working with this setup for 2 - 3 days, the Audio Interface Latency on my Mac is 42.8 ms. The latency on my Dell is 7.6 ms.

Can anyone provide insight as to why this might be? I did test disabling Location Services on my Mac, but this didn't help.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Diana Mecum
(11-17-2020, 02:46 PM)dlmecum Wrote: Hello,

I am new to JamKazam. In the last week I have purchased a Scarlett Focusrite bundle, and set it up in my home network.

I am not understanding the difference in latency I am seeing between my Mac & Dell Latitude. I have new 2020 computers, a MacBook Pro and Dell Latitude with Windows 10.

I purchased a high quality Ethernet cable from Sweetwater. I have it connected to my Xfininity Modem.

With the PC, the Ethernet cable snaps in directly to the unit. With the MacBook Pro, I purchased a "Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter" which was personally recommended by an Apple sales rep, aware of the model of Mac I own.

After working with this setup for 2 - 3 days, the Audio Interface Latency on my Mac is 42.8 ms. The latency on my Dell is 7.6 ms.

Can anyone provide insight as to why this might be? I did test disabling Location Services on my Mac, but this didn't help.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Diana Mecum
First, make sure that your ethernet adaptor is plugged into a USB-C port on your Mac, and not a Thunderbolt (3) port - the latter likely won't work with the ethernet adaptor.  On newer Macs, the two ports look the same.  Also, Focusrite has a low latency driver for Macs on their site - make sure it is installed and in use.
Terles,

Thank you. I think that the Apple rep sold me the wrong adapter. I will look into this.

Diana Mecum