• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible without interface?
(09-07-2020, 05:39 AM)preservekazam Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 02:44 AM)GDJ Wrote: I have to ask..is anything preventing you from getting an Audio Interface?

I agree with what you are saying, and the video. However, I have not personally tried it with the built in System Audio and suspect it requires making sure you have the correct plugs and adapter. Or, are you just using an Microphone to get things working?
I could get an audio interface- the problem is I'm trying this out for a group in which most people don't already have one, so we're trying to get it to work with just the built-in stuff. I tried using a usb mic, but the problem seems to be the output and not the input. Since it's all internal I didn't think there'd be any room for error. I'll try using a different output though.

Because there's a video about this I'd assume there would be a way to get this to work?
I have JK working WITHOUT a separate Audio i/f ... but that is on Windows 10.  .... even then, you cannot ‘just use the built in mic & speaker’ .... they are too close together and feedback.  Also, the built in mic picks up the hum from the fan.

Like you I was testing this so that’s I could advise others in the group what to do .... for windows, I needed to install the ASIO4ALL driver - then my plugged in mic & headphones worked with ‘just about acceptable latency’.   And its still much better with a proper interface.

Messages In This Thread
Possible without interface? - by preservekazam - 09-06-2020, 08:51 PM
RE: Possible without interface? - by GDJ - 09-07-2020, 02:44 AM
RE: Possible without interface? - by Chris Frost - 09-07-2020, 08:35 AM
RE: Possible without interface? - by GDJ - 09-11-2020, 12:56 AM