• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to activate native Windows (Realtek) audio devices
I have installed Jamkazam on my Windows 7 laptop. I am trying to get started with the session wizard, and I am in "Audio Gear Setup."
1) The "Instructions" button goes to a broken link, so no help there.
2) I have one choice for Microphone and Speakers (the built-in stereo Realtek drivers), but when I select "Resync" I get an Alert dialog to contact support, followed quickly with another dialog  ("Invalid Audio Device") that says "It appears the audio device is not currently connected." I have tried all the listed sampling rates, but nothing works. I cannot continue in the wizard.
Please help!
(03-28-2020, 08:17 PM)Cloud Wrote: I have installed Jamkazam on my Windows 7 laptop. I am trying to get started with the session wizard, and I am in "Audio Gear Setup."
2) I have one choice for Microphone and Speakers (the built-in stereo Realtek drivers), but when I select "Resync" I get an Alert dialog to contact support, followed quickly with another dialog  ("Invalid Audio Device") that says "It appears the audio device is not currently connected." I have tried all the listed sampling rates, but nothing works. I cannot continue in the wizard.
Please help!

I have had this issue myself many times with the built-in Realtek.

I believe most times it is because the device is already in use by another program.  

Do you mind trying exiting JamKazam and every other application you can (even Chrome/IE etc)... try to close everything!

Then start JamKazam, and go through the audio wizard once more.  

This has worked for me before.  But I am not 100% sure this is the only issue that occurs with this device.
Thanks, that was it. So, when configuring Jamkazam, best to log out, log back in and run just the Jamkazam app itself.
Saw this problem too.  It mostly seemed to be with using Edge on Win10.  When we switched to Chrome or Firefox, then the browser didn't seem to be claiming use of the mic and speakers, and the setup could continue.
There is a setting in windows that might be a global workaround for this
unclick "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
control panel
Hardware and Sound
Manage Audio Devices
Playback
properties
Advanced
Apply
Recording
properties
Advanced
Apply
(04-01-2020, 02:16 AM)Lcswife Wrote: I'm having a mare with my Realtek speakers.  I've tried everything and I still can't get the app to 'see' them...  Anyone got any more ideas? Everyone else in the band can use regular headphones and the built in mic except me!

There is a setting in windows that might be a global workaround for this
control panel
Hardware and Sound
Manage Audio Devices
Playback
properties
Advanced
Apply
Recording
properties
Advanced
Apply
I appreciated all of your thoughts but I didn't have this problem yet I had an error (- 5006: 0x8000ffff) when I was attempting to introduce the fresher drivers for the ASUS Maximus VI Hero, and I am getting the accompanying mistake: A error (- 5006: 0x8000ffff) has happened while running the arrangement. If it's not too much trouble ensure you have completed any past arrangements and shut different applications. In the event that the mistake actually happens, it would be ideal if you contact your seller: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. I simply fix it by going to Realtek and physically download the Realtek drivers. Doing this left me paralyzed and now it's working appropriately.
(03-28-2020, 08:17 PM)Cloud Wrote: I have installed Jamkazam on my Windows 7 laptop. I am trying to get started with the session wizard, and I am in "Audio Gear Setup."
Please help!
You are really asking for trouble trying to use the native Windows audio drivers. As you've seen by others responses, these drivers are not designed for real-time audio processing. So even if you get this to work, I'd recommend that you invest in a hardware audio interface. You'll be glad you did.
I'm surprised to see this thread come back to life. I have also struggled with setup using built-in Realtek speakers and microphone on a Dell running Windows 10. It's maddening because it will work sometimes. As others have suggested, restarting the app, or rebooting, will sometimes help, as will shutting down the browser. But I've had the most success with "reconnecting" the gear as follows: go to Settings - Sound - Manage Sound Devices. Then select the speakers and the microphone, and disable them. Then go back and enable them. Then go back to the JK app and rescan. Amazingly, this usually works for me. Now, if I could only do something about the mic volume....
(01-10-2021, 12:28 AM)redstart Wrote: I'm surprised to see this thread come back to life. I have also struggled with setup using built-in Realtek speakers and microphone on a Dell running Windows 10. It's maddening because it will work sometimes. As others have suggested, restarting the app, or rebooting, will sometimes help, as will shutting down the browser. But I've had the most success with "reconnecting" the gear as follows: go to Settings - Sound - Manage Sound Devices. Then select the speakers and the microphone, and disable them. Then go back and enable them. Then go back to the JK app and rescan. Amazingly, this usually works for me. Now, if I could only do something about the mic volume....
You can.... With a real audio interface that's made to handle real time audio!