• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamkazam keeps asking to reload app on Mac OSX
Hey Richard, I have an interesting test for your friend to perform. Not a lot of people know about this because it's not documented anywhere. When launching the App, the next time the window appears saying there is a new version, instead of clicking the button to update it, HIT THE ESC KEY. That's right, by pressing the ESC key, this will dismiss that window and allow for continuing to use the App. Now, i realize - and from what i understand, your friend gets the message everytime he clicks on something. But at least confirm by hitting Esc, that update message goes away - temporarily. He mat have to click Esc a few times. 

I have been thinking about this and it really goes back to my other questions about whether has an IP utility installed like Little Snitch, or, this could be something with this OSx FireWall settings.  I know for me since I have a hardware router and a 5 mac network, I have my OS X firewall turned off so i can I keep things working. It's worth a test to see if the problem goes away when turning these off.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jamkazam keeps asking to reload app on Mac OSX - by GDJ - 09-04-2020, 11:23 PM