• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound and latency issues switching from old MacBook Pro to new HP LAptop
I originally had an old MacBook Pro (either 2012 or 13..I can’t remember already.)
Worked like a charm on Jamkazam with my USB Samson Mic(no audio interface).

Now that I’m on a PC (HP 17”laptop) quad core processor (i5), it has trouble picking up the mic, even after it has been tested in audio gear. Sometimes, it works and sometimes I have to reinstall over and over.

The Ethernet is in and WiFi off, but latency is still around anywhere between 13 and 20). On the MacBook Pro, I was getting green all the time at around 8 or even 6.

The sound of other people’s my last session this week was very low and I could not turn them up higher on my end. They said they heard each other loud and clear and could hear me very well but I could hardly hear them.

Also, when I joined with them, they kept getting booted out and had some reds on their stats. Perhaps, my issues were effecting the session..?
What can I do to make this better? Thank you!
(08-29-2020, 02:07 PM)NHMOW Wrote: I originally had an old MacBook Pro (either 2012 or 13..I can’t remember already.)

Now that I’m on a PC (HP 17”laptop) quad core processor (i5), it has trouble picking up the mic, even after it has been tested in audio gear. Sometimes, it works and sometimes I have to reinstall over and over.

The Ethernet is in and WiFi off, but latency is still around anywhere between 13 and 20). On the MacBook Pro, I was getting green all the time at around 8 or even 6.

The sound of other people’s my last session this week was very low and I could not turn them up higher on my end. They said they heard each other loud and clear and could hear me very well but I could hardly hear them.

Also, when I joined with them, they kept getting booted out and had some reds on their stats. Perhaps, my issues were effecting the session..?
>>>
I'm sorry but the short answer would be to use an external soundcard/audio interface with dedicated ASIO driver.
Thank you! So, I need an audio interface with dedicated ASIO driver...

And, would this be the reason why I'm getting a yellow dot for "Gear Driver" in my stats?
(08-29-2020, 07:55 PM)NHMOW Wrote: Thank you! So, I need an audio interface with dedicated ASIO driver...

And, would this be the reason why I'm getting a yellow dot for "Gear Driver" in my stats?
>>>
That is very well possible.
You could try the generic ASIO4ALL driver to see if this does anything to get you closer to a workable situation. But honestly that would be more like 'a patch up job' and no real long term solution.

An external audio device and a proper mic would be your best bet.

Unless of course you still have the MBP, since that was working for you ... .
(08-29-2020, 02:07 PM)NHMOW Wrote: I originally had an old MacBook Pro (either 2012 or 13..I can’t remember already.)

Since you're now using a Windows platform, be aware you'll likely need to tune the OS to properly handle real-time audio without dropouts. The use of Latencymon and the Glutchfree document will get you where you need to be. You can find links to both of these in other threads in this forum.