• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making progress. But only one channel...
All,

So - after getting the most current client Windows client installed - and installing ASIO drivers for my PreSonus 2|6 USB
I was able to get a working configuration.

However - if I try to add a second channel ( like for vocal or guitar) - the audio gets a nasty scratchy sound in it.

I am wonder if perhaps this is an issue with the performance capabilities of the PreSonus 2|6. It's a USB 2.0 interface.

Not sure. Any thoughts/experience with this particular USB 2.0 device being able to support 2 audio channels on JamKazam?

I don't mind updating to a USB-C device, if that's going to solve the problem. But don't want to buy one if it's not the issue.

Any recommendations for a specific Audio interface to support two audio channels? (one for vocal and one for guitar)

Thanks,
-Paul
(07-17-2020, 11:02 PM)Paul_in_KC Wrote: All,

So - after getting the most current client Windows client installed - and installing ASIO drivers for my PreSonus 2|6 USB

However - if I try to add a second channel ( like for vocal or guitar) - the audio gets a nasty scratchy sound in it.

I am wonder if perhaps this is an issue with the performance capabilities of the PreSonus 2|6. It's a USB 2.0 interface.

Not sure. Any thoughts/experience with this particular USB 2.0 device being able to support 2 audio channels on JamKazam?

I don't mind updating to a USB-C device, if that's going to solve the problem. But don't want to buy one if it's not the issue.

Any recommendations for a specific Audio interface to support two audio channels? (one for vocal and one for guitar)

Thanks,
-Paul
Okay - figured out what I needed to do (and JamKazam was trying to tell me)
I needed to switch the computer's power profile to high-performance mode.
Now - two audio channels sound as good as one. No scratchy sound.
Another "operator error" (of sorts).
Anyway - hopefully this might help someone else troubleshoot their initial setup.
-Paul
(07-18-2020, 01:26 PM)Paul_in_KC Wrote:

Thanks,
-Paul
Anyway - hopefully this might help someone else troubleshoot their initial setup.
-Paul
Using Jamkazam in Windows often requires tuning the OS to properly handle realtime audio. The use of the Performance power plan is only one of the desired steps. I recommend everyone follow the guidance in the Glitchfree document, a link to which is furnished below:

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/glitchfree/
(07-18-2020, 01:40 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 01:26 PM)Paul_in_KC Wrote:

Thanks,
-Paul
-Paul
Using Jamkazam in Windows often requires tuning the OS to properly handle realtime audio. The use of the Performance power plan is only one of the desired steps. I recommend everyone follow the guidance in the Glitchfree document, a link to which is furnished below:

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/glitchfree/

Thank you sir!
Looks like excellent reading (reference).