• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crackling Sound
I'm jamming with a lead guitarist.  Our internet connection and very low latency is great however when he plays his lead guitar, I hear crackling sound on my end but he doesn't hear it on his end. Help?
I've got what I think is the same problem. Have been trying all sorts of combinations in the settings without success. It does seem to be worse on longer notes, and also seems worse at a higher sample rate (just tried increasing it but now back to 44.1). I think there is a clue in that the .ogg files I get afterwards if we record it are all undistorted , whereas the crackling is apparent on the .wav files. Sorry that won't help probably, but I would love to know if there is a way to fix this.
It is surely interesting with that difference in the ogg files and the wav files.

I have encountered it myself - but I can not understand/explain it
I had the same. The update failed/crashed and now still unstable jitter ( = cracking sound)
Other have same type of problem And seems difficult to do JK all over again because some software elements are not removed.
I have found the following to cause crackles.

Frame rate too low (I now use 2.5ms) and often when I am playing with others and they start crackling i see that they are set to 1ms I suggest they change and this often fixes the issue.

Running other programs at the same time. I was using PDF files on screen for music. these often cause interference and you get that crackling sound. I now use my Ipad for sheet music this again made an improvement.

When using video and the session has more than say 4 users can cause interference.

So basically the less other work your system is doing whilst using Jamkazam the better off you are.
(06-30-2020, 04:03 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: It is surely interesting with that difference in the ogg files and the wav files.

I have encountered it myself - but I can not understand/explain it
I think the ogg files are recorded locally then uploaded to JK, so they are not subject to the pressures on the system of the live mix. I'd love to be wrong but I think we are stuck with the crackles on long notes.

(07-18-2020, 09:41 PM)mike.cardinal@gmail.com Wrote: I have found the following to cause crackles.

Frame rate too low (I now use 2.5ms) and often when I am playing with others and they start crackling i see that they are set to 1ms  I suggest they change and this often fixes the issue.

Running other programs at the same time. I was using PDF files on screen for music. these often cause interference and you get that crackling sound. I now use my Ipad for sheet music this again made an improvement.

When using video and the session has more than say 4 users can cause interference.

So basically the less other work your system is doing whilst using Jamkazam the better off you are.
Thanks Mike; I'll try that again, but there are only 3 of us usually , and we all started off using the default 2.5 frame rate. We've all been careful since starting a few months ago, to quit all programs except JK and haven't used video as that does (understandably) increase latency.