• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAC Instability - Just Keeps Cra$ng since 6.23 update
I had port forwarding on at one point but it didn't seem to be hurting or helping so I turned it off. I am currently using the same set of ports.
(06-28-2020, 04:41 PM)Anittoli Wrote: Since this last update I am unable to join sessions on a iMac with High Sierra.  When joining a session everyone is greyed out and I get a network error. Then I go to leave or the session or adjust settings and the app just quit. What happened? This app was decent and stable and now I cant use it for even 1 minute. Any help is welcomed.
Sounds like you have a very similar issue. We tested on a newer MAC with Catalina and it seems to work fine (though I have not tested it with others yet so still TBD on that). Something with older MAC/older OS I'm guessing. Too bad. Wasn't a bad COVID replacement for live rehearsals.... unfortunately, that pretty much shuts it down for us.
(06-28-2020, 07:46 PM)dwcahill Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 04:41 PM)Anittoli Wrote: Since this last update I am unable to join sessions on a iMac with High Sierra.  When joining a session everyone is greyed out and I get a network error. Then I go to leave or the session or adjust settings and the app just quit. What happened? This app was decent and stable and now I cant use it for even 1 minute. Any help is welcomed.
Sounds like you have a very similar issue. We tested on a newer MAC with Catalina and it seems to work fine (though I have not tested it with others yet so still TBD on that). Something with older MAC/older OS I'm guessing. Too bad. Wasn't a bad COVID replacement for live rehearsals.... unfortunately, that pretty much shuts it down for us.
Yes it sounds very similar! Do you think this was a mistake or intentional with the older OS issue? They should be able to fix it as it was working fine previously.
I was just able to get it running on a macbook with Mojave just fine. Come on Jam Kazam why did you drop High Sierra support! Bring it back! A lot of people with serious audio machines run legacy OS!
In my opinion, port forwarding problems are separate but... anything is on the table. But based on how you explained your issue earlier, it's not surprising it made me ask about port forwarding. Usually, when you go into a session and all the other users are grayed out = no audio, it's usually a hint about port configuration issues. The intermittency can be explained depending on your LAN, how many devices are getting dynamic IPs etc. My question at this point is, do you understand static IP routing with your computer, and, port forwarding in your router, and the JK prefs default ports?
(06-28-2020, 11:39 PM)GDJ Wrote: In my opinion, port forwarding problems are separate but... anything is on the table. But based on how you explained your issue earlier, it's not surprising it made me ask about port forwarding. Usually, when you go into a session and all the other users are grayed out = no audio, it's usually a hint about port configuration issues. The intermittency can be explained depending on your LAN, how many devices are getting dynamic IPs etc. My question at this point is, do you understand static IP routing with your computer, and, port forwarding in your router, and the JK prefs default ports?
Yes I understand portforwarding and static IP. As I said I do not believe that is the issue as I was just able to use a macbook pro with Mojave on it to join a session no problem, same exact configuration audio and network.
Okay... thank you. Good to know. As for myself, I use a bootable SSD for my session. For the most part, the app and my session are stable however from time to time there are unexpected glitches that are intermittent and since the app did not have an active development history for years, my take is, these unexpected glitches are par for the course.  Even with this last update, the other day the audio for my buddy disappeared in one channel. I resyncd, and it was back. We both decided to restart our apps, and had a stable session for 2 hours before we were done.

For my boot SSD, I have a static IP and sometimes I'll even go directly from my Mac to the Modem. It eliminates all other services normally happening at the router level. Not suggesting everyone do this but when I read about all of the Mac issues, and had my own share of problems initially; I noticed things became more stable for me after I started using it. Not perfect, but better. I also have a fair amount of process running in the background with the internal OS.

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...light=Boot