• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I Mute?
Hi guys. I've been playing on Jamkazam with a couple of other guys, and everything seems to be working. I'm using a Focusrite Interface. My question: Can I sometimes mute my inputs so the other guys can't hear me, but I can still play along and hear myself? Thanks
Good question.. I will now more later for sure. but i believe when you MUTE your track, Yes, you do you prevent others from hearing it. This could be useful inf you have multiple tracks created, or, you just want to Mute yourself for any other reason.  Most have one stereo track, shared for their instrument and voice. I have 4 paired tracks and prefer to mute some of them when not in use.
Yes, good question.

I believe that you can mute your self so the other people in the session can't hear you. If I remember right and nothing has changed in that regard - one guy in a session for some month ago asked me about in and we tested it.

I am of course then not sure - but I will hopefully found out, soon.
(06-20-2020, 05:24 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Yes, good question.

I believe that you can mute your self so the other people in the session can't hear you. If I remember right and nothing has changed in that regard - one guy in  a session for some month ago asked me about in and we tested it.

I am of course then not sure - but I will hopefully found out, soon.

Thanks guys. Yes I can mute, but when I do, I still can't hear myself.
I've tested it.

When I mute my own track(s), no one in the session can hear my sound
I can still hear my own sound

"I still can't hear myself"!?
Then it is another matter/issue
(06-23-2020, 09:50 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: I've tested it.

When I mute my own track(s), no one in the session can hear my sound
I can still hear my own sound

"I still can't hear myself"!?
Then it is another matter/issue
Thanks Hans. I will try again tomorrow. BTW, What is the rest of your setup?
Thanks, paulfbass - good luck!

"the rest of your setup"!?

I dont understand exactly.
It shouldn't matter what setup.
It's the same principle - regardless of setup (hardware, configuration, etc.)
Thanks Hans. I guess what I'm trying to say is that because when I mute I can no longer hear what I'm playing, that I must be doing something different than what you are doing. And maybe its my equipment. I'm plugging my guitar into a Focusrite 2i2 interface, then directly to Jamkazam. No amps or DIs in the chain. So if your setup or routing, or procedure is different than mine, then maybe that's the reason.
Thanks paulfbass

My setup is Windows 7 and Behringer UMC 404.

It has 4 inputs.
All input / channels are enabled/active in JamKazam.

In a session, you can view your active tracks ("My Live Tracks") and make changes to "Audio Setttings".

I use input 1 for microphone.
Input 2 for electric guitar.
Input 3 and 4 are combined into a stereo track - and used for a little of each.
Three tracks in all, that is.
So no routing or procedure that is different than yours.
Thanks again Hans. Me and the guys are getting together with JK later this week, so I'll let you know how it goes.