• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 audio gear setup
(06-18-2020, 03:21 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: It is very confusing that StuartR's answer is in the same field as
kathoshea`s text.

In this way, it is difficult to distinguish one from the other.
It is actually very bad - and in fact unacceptable and intolerable

And why and/or how does something like this happen?
I don't know but I see it happen a lot... If I'm doing something wrong... Please let me know .. just using the Reply button.

(06-18-2020, 06:42 PM)kathoshea Wrote: StuartR: I appreciate your input. Are you suggesting that even if I got past the "audio device not connected" error, the latency would be so bad on the WDM drivers that it would be useless anyway? 

I do have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface which I tried with the Surface Pro 7.  The Solo is currently on loan to a friend so I can't recreate the errors but I do know that I couldn't get the Solo working either.  I think it was the same audio device not connected but I can't remember for sure. 

It might help me if I understood what JK is looking for during audio gear setup -- does it search for installed drivers?  Or is it looking at attached hardware?  One of the things that's confusing me on the Surface Pro 7 is that there are THREE microphone arrays listed for the one built-in mic.  JK doesn't allow me to pick more than one array.  Likewise there are two speakers listed. 

I figure I will worry about latency after I get past this audio device not connected error.  Can anyone help me with that?
It's looking for installed drivers with attached hardware to match I think. Just use the Focusrite Solo so that you can move into the Jam phase with the rest of us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Microsoft Surface Pro 7 audio gear setup - by StuartR - 06-19-2020, 09:06 PM