• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
approvaLrequired ??? (I was invited tho...)
Hi, newbie here (of course) but I've already searched the forum and can't seem to find anyone reporting this issue.

I've been invited to a session... the host and I have chatted via JamKazam so I know that things are up and running.

I RSVPd to the session.  The host accepted my RSVP.  I tried to get in, and got the message "approvaLrequired".

What does this mean?  As I said, the host and I tried it out prior to the session, so we know we can at least chat.  Host invited me, approved me.  Then invited me again.  Each time I get the same message, with no clue as to how to proceed to get approval for a session I've been invited to.

I tried to check latency to see if this was an issue.  When I set it up this morning, the test came back fine (obviously, as we were able to be in a session together and chat).  Now when I go to check the network, I get the message No Test Servers Found.  This appears to be common and according to the posts I read does not indicate that there is suddenly a problem where there once was none.

Please advise.  TIA!

Cecilia Smile
yes, the test server(s) are almost never available these days. No Matter.

I haven't experienced the issue you describe, but maybe there is a work-around. This requires that you and your host friend be "friends" in JamKazam.

One of you create a scheduled session, "Friends Only", naming each participant, maybe 30 minutes in advance. This is how I typically have rehearsals with my band mate; seems to work OK.
(06-11-2020, 07:12 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: yes, the test server(s) are almost never available these days. No Matter.

I haven't experienced the issue you describe, but maybe there is a work-around. This requires that you and your host friend be "friends" in JamKazam.

One of you create a scheduled session, "Friends Only", naming each participant, maybe 30 minutes in advance. This is how I typically have rehearsals with my band mate; seems to work OK.

Right, as I explained, we did this already.  The host and I are already friends and we did a test session in advance to make sure I was connected properly and that we could hear each other adequately.  Everything went well.  I RSVPd to the host's session, which started roughly an hour later. 

I've since spent an hour and a half trying to get into the session, where the host and I are already friended, we've tested that we are connected and can hear each other.  But I cannot get into the session.  Every time I try to get into the session, I get the message that approvaLrequired with no suggestion as to what I should do to get approval from my friend the host who invited me to the session and already approved my RSVP.

Thanks anyway.  Maybe I just won't ever get into a session.  Sad
Apologies; I failed to digest all the information you provided.

don't despair - there's probably an answer to this.

2 things:
Try a "Quick Start Friends" session. No RSVP required. Same results, or different from your other attempts?

From the Manage menu in JaKazam, select Generate Support/Log. For myself, using Mac, this pops up the Console with a lot of info - not sure how Windows handles this, but it should be a similar result - a searchable log.
(06-11-2020, 07:57 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: Apologies; I failed to digest all the information you provided.

don't despair - there's probably an answer to this.

2 things:
Try a "Quick Start Friends" session. No RSVP required. Same results, or different from your other attempts?

From the Manage menu in JaKazam, select Generate Support/Log. For myself, using Mac, this pops up the Console with a lot of info - not sure how Windows handles this, but it should be a similar result - a searchable log.

No worries Smile

I've had no problem getting into "Quick Start Friends" as I've done it several times now.  I just did it again this morning.  Someone in the chat mentioned something not working yesterday and I wonder if that was the problem?  The next jam isn't for a few days so I'll have to wait to see if it happens again.  It's just bizarre that I can do a quick start and chat but I can't join an actual jam.  Sad

I can generate the support log but no idea what to do with it.  Tried searching that weird approvaLrequired message but it's not in there.
I'm thinking the problem is on the server side, not client side. The server is responsible for setting up the session, so your logs might not show anything