• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help: Focusrite Solo 3rd Gen
I just purchased a Focusrite Solo, 3rd Gen that I’m using on my Windows 10 Desktop. Jamkazam recognizeds the ASIO but shows no latentcy and then I only get green or yellow following that in I/O setup. After I uninstalled and reinstalled the software it is now Red on latency and red on I/O. What am I doing wrong? How can I fix?
(06-08-2020, 02:12 AM)StratTele335 Wrote: I just purchased a Focusrite Solo, 3rd Gen that I’m using on my Windows 10 Desktop. Jamkazam recognizeds the ASIO but shows no latentcy and then I only get green or yellow following that in I/O setup. After I uninstalled and reinstalled the software it is now Red on latency and red on I/O. What am I doing wrong? How can I fix?
Hi,
I had a very similar problem with my focusrite scarlett 2i2 3rd gen and I sent it back where I bought it and try another product.
1st thing - the reported "0ms latency" for the focusrite scarlett series is a "feature" of the JK software.

Try using WDM driver mode on the interface - the ASIO driver will not give you much advantage when you are only using 1 or 2 channels

Avoid plugging the Solo into a USB hub - go straight to the computer if you can.
Yes, the reported "0ms latency" is because JamKazam can not not figure out the latency on that particular device.
Then a special loop-back test is required to find out the actual latency. Usually.

Do not use WDM driver.
JamKazam recommends not using WDM.
It is poorer sound quality, higher latency, more unstable etc. Inferior. in short - as JamKazam says.
Use ASIO driver.
Totally agree that Focusrite ASIO driver is the one to use. WDM not advised. Also, I would contend that USB is the way to go, but if using a hub, make sure it's a powered hub. And I have found that USB 3.0 works better than 2.0. Turn of wifi, kill any added processes on your Win 10 machine (email, browsers, windows Updates).