• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New User Can't hear audio in headphones
Question 
I downloaded the app, logged in, and set up my audio equipment.  I am a singer with a microphone and headphones and a UMC 202 interface.  No instruments.

I cannot hear my voice in the headphones unless I have direct monitor ON (in).  If I have it off (out) I hear nothing when I speak into the microphone.  I clicked on "help" as directed in the Step 2 video and it took me to the main YouTube page.  (I actually got as far as Step 5, but none of the "instructions" links on each page worked ("This site can’t be reached - jamkazam.desk.com’s server IP address could not be found.") so I just kept going as best I could. But on step 5 I cannot hear the audio that is supposed to be heard when you click Play.)

Hoping you can advise, thank you.
Are you Mac or PC?
(05-28-2020, 06:16 PM)Doug N. Wrote: Are you Mac or PC?
I am PC. I have a fairly new Windows 10 laptop.
Check under Sound that the UMC202 controls the input and output and disable any integrated sound.
[attachment=155 Wrote:     Doug N. pid='3814' dateline='1590699027']Check under Sound that the UMC202 controls the input and output and disable any integrated sound.
Thank you, Doug. I don't really understand this advice.  Under Audio Gear in the menu I get a screen with two Audio Profiles. I have included a screenshot of what I see. When I click "configure" it looks like my UMC202 is controlling the input. The two outputs say HpOut left and HpOut right and I don't have any other choices in the dropdown menu. Can send further screenshots if need be.  I appreciate your help - would like to get up and running here.
Nancy
(05-30-2020, 10:14 PM)ThePfef Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 08:50 PM)Doug N. Wrote: Check under Sound that the UMC202 controls the input and output and disable any integrated sound.
Thank you, Doug. I don't really understand this advice.  Under Audio Gear in the menu I get a screen with two Audio Profiles. I have included a screenshot of what I see. When I click "configure" it looks like my UMC202 is controlling the input. The two outputs say HpOut left and HpOut right and I don't have any other choices in the dropdown menu. Can send further screenshots if need be.  I appreciate your help - would like to get up and running here.
Nancy

In the screenshot you provided, it does show your hardware audio interface but it's not using the correct driver. Did you install the driver software for that device? If you did, you'll need to select it in the drop-down menu... Don't select the WDM one (as you have shown in your screenshot). It should be an ASIO driver.

The WDM driver isn't optimized for your audio interface and won't give good latency results.
Thank you, Stuart, that seems to have done the trick! I have "graduated" past Step 5 with good latency results and am Ready to Jam. Big Grin
(05-28-2020, 06:08 PM)ThePfef Wrote: I downloaded the app, logged in, and set up my audio equipment.  I am a singer with a microphone and headphones and a UMC 202 interface.  No instruments.

I cannot hear my voice in the headphones unless I have direct monitor ON (in).  If I have it off (out) I hear nothing when I speak into the microphone.  I clicked on "help" as directed in the Step 2 video and it took me to the main YouTube page.  (I actually got as far as Step 5, but none of the "instructions" links on each page worked ("This site can’t be reached - jamkazam.desk.com’s server IP address could not be found.") so I just kept going as best I could. But on step 5 I cannot hear the audio that is supposed to be heard when you click Play.)

Hoping you can advise, thank you.

Same for me Nicole Nijssen. This site can’t be reached - jamkazam.desk.com’s server IP address could not be found. I used it fine a few weeks ago. This week nothing works. No audio either.
Hi, Nicole, it turned out the solution to all my problems was to download an ASIO driver for my audio interface, in my case a Behringer 202. The driver was easy to find with a web search and setting up the equipment again using the driver was no harder than trying the first time. I don't know why JamKazam's information sites continue to be unavailable. But I am on and using the system successfully now. Good luck!