• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’m scratching head on how to connect an Alesis command Edtums to jamkazam
I’m scratching head on how to connect an Alesis command E-drums to jamkazam. 
I’ve managed to get the basic drum kit sound working but what do I need to do to get all the other drumkit sounds working. I’m new to all this electrical tech stuff so please help if you can. I’ve been told I need software like GarageBand but how do I link that with JK?!!
(10-11-2021, 02:14 PM)Chrisbaxsmith1234 Wrote: I’m scratching head on how to connect an Alesis command E-drums to jamkazam. 
I’ve managed to get the basic drum kit sound working but what do I need to do to get all the other drumkit sounds working. I’m new to all this electrical tech stuff so please help if you can. I’ve been told I need software like GarageBand but how do I link that with JK?!!

>>>
Need more info here. What is your setup?

If you can get one kit's sounds from your Alesis through to JamKazam, surely you can get the others as well. You change to other kits/sounds on your Alesis module, not in JamKazam or Garageband or any other DAW/software.
> Tamacti Jun <
Im using my usb midi out from my Alesis command drum module to my Mac PC. JK picks up the kit but as i scroll through the kits on the alesis command module nothing happens NO change to drumkit sounds at all. Just a plane jane drumkit.

(10-11-2021, 02:32 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 02:14 PM)Chrisbaxsmith1234 Wrote: I’m scratching head on how to connect an Alesis command E-drums to jamkazam. 

>>>
Need more info here. What is your setup?

If you can get one kit's sounds from your Alesis through to JamKazam, surely you can get the others as well. You change to other kits/sounds on your Alesis module, not in JamKazam or Garageband or any other DAW/software.

Im using my usb midi out from my Alesis command drum module to my Mac PC. JK picks up the kit but as i scroll through the kits on the alesis command module nothing happens NO change to drumkit sounds at all. Just a plane jane drumkit.
>>>
With the information given this does not seem to be a JamKazam issue.
Did you try the manual/google/Alesis forum/Alesis FB groups?
> Tamacti Jun <
(10-12-2021, 08:17 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>
With the information given this does not seem to be a JamKazam issue.
Did you try the manual/google/Alesis forum/Alesis FB groups?

IVE GOT IT sorted, just needed an interface and line out L/R, into interface then into Mac. GarageBand was good to look at and record some stuff for free! 👍🏼 As I said I’m new to all this so all learning curves at mo, thanks for your input. Is appreciated. I’ll be enjoying a jam with friends tonight! Sweet!! 😎