• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't hear anything through headphones
My network is set up correctly; I can get into a session. The other person in the session can hear both of us. I can't hear either of us. I can't actually hear any audio, although the signal shows up visually on the VU meters. I use a Mac, and my audio output is set up correctly there. I can hear audio through the phones with no problem using other software. I have run out of things to try. Please help!
What gear are you using?

Mac. Audio Interface? Cables, microphones, etc.
Software? DAW?

How is your gear is connected?

Best way to test is to go into a solos session, then record and playback to see what you hear.

Dont' forget fundamentals like connections. Ports go bad, cables become unplugged. My headphones come unplugged sometimes.

You have verified your phones work with another source like music on your phone?
(04-09-2020, 06:15 PM)emcquaid Wrote: What gear are you using?

Mac.  Audio Interface?  Cables, microphones, etc.
Software?  DAW?

How is your gear is connected?

Best way to test is to go into a solos session, then record and playback to see what you hear. 

Dont' forget fundamentals like connections.  Ports go bad, cables become unplugged.  My headphones come unplugged sometimes.

You have verified your phones work with another source like music on your phone?
SCarlett solo generation 2 interface by Focusrite with microphone;  ethernet cable, headphones etc.  I tried to adjust the buffer size but it wouldnt let me change from 448. So I get a red box in the latency test and cant get any farther
John, I too had a lot of trouble with my Scarlett 2i4 ist Generation. I went to Focusrite and downloaded an updated driver. The best I could ever achieve was latency around 20 something. It was yellow and Jamkazam let me on but I stopped using the Scarlett when I found out my Mackie DL32s stage mixer would work.
(04-10-2020, 02:28 AM)David G Wrote: John, I too had a lot of trouble with my Scarlett 2i4 ist Generation. I went to Focusrite and downloaded an updated driver. The best I could ever achieve  was latency around 20 something. It was yellow and Jamkazam let me on but I stopped using the Scarlett  when I found out my Mackie DL32s stage mixer would work.

(Thanks both - just a quick note to say I've updated the list of audio interfaces with this info.)
Kevin
FWIW, I get these results:

Latency 8.4 ms with Frame Size 1.0 ms, 44.1k,
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 Gen. 1 (USB 2),
MacBook Pro 2015, macOS 10.15.3 Catalina

Latency 11.4 ms with Frame Size 2.5 ms, 44.1k,
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 Gen. 1 (USB 2),
MacBook Pro 2015, macOS 10.15.3 Catalina