• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Jam - Kazam!
I was in a session last Saturday night, with a bunch of cats I never met before. There were players from all over North America - Florida, Texas, Illinois, Ontario, Alberta, Oregon, and possibly more. When I took a glance at the stats, everyone was on ARS. It sounded pretty tight overall; the drummer had a good connection and was easily heard (playing an electronic kit).

I made a recording from my personal mix, directly from my interface. It ran for more than 2 hours, with one glitch which happened when I had to resync. I've copied about 10 minutes from that session and shared it on google drive. The copy has been mastered for improved dynamics, but no editing from start to finish, with the exception of cutting out the brief resync glitch.

I want to say thanks to these cats that played in the session. I haven't been in the company of such cool musicians in a long time. It was great!

If you want to hear, go here
(03-22-2021, 05:48 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: I was in a session last Saturday night, with a bunch of cats I never met before. There were players from all over North America - Florida, Texas, Illinois, Ontario, Alberta, Oregon, and possibly more. When I took a glance at the stats, everyone was on ARS. It sounded pretty tight overall; the drummer had a good connection and was easily heard (playing an electronic kit).

I made a recording from my personal mix, directly from my interface. It ran for more than 2 hours, with one glitch which happened when I had to resync. I've copied about 10 minutes from that session and shared it on google drive. The copy has been mastered for improved dynamics, but no editing from start to finish, with the exception of cutting out the brief resync glitch.

I want to say thanks to these cats that played in the session. I haven't been in the company of such cool musicians in a long time. It was great!

>>>
Cool! Pretty wild stuff man. Yeah, sometimes you get lucky and end up in a sesh with musos that just want to play.
What was your part in this? (bass sound is drastic! - enjoyed that)
(03-22-2021, 07:35 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 05:48 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: I was in a session last Saturday night, with a bunch of cats I never met before. There were players from all over North America - Florida, Texas, Illinois, Ontario, Alberta, Oregon, and possibly more. When I took a glance at the stats, everyone was on ARS. It sounded pretty tight overall; the drummer had a good connection and was easily heard (playing an electronic kit).

>>>
Cool! Pretty wild stuff man. Yeah, sometimes you get lucky and end up in a sesh with musos that just want to play.
What was your part in this? (bass sound is drastic! - enjoyed that)
this was funny - at least 3 guys were playing bass, though not all at the same time. That bassman on the tape was not me (I wish I could play like that)! I played mostly synth (triggered from a bass with a MIDI converter connected), or an organ. Since it was my personal output, you can kinda pick me out of the mix because I'm sometimes to loud, and a little bit off to one side. There were at least 2 drummers, 2 keyboard players, and one or more guitar players. People came and went, guys laid out so others could lead, ideas ebbed and flowed. After 2 hours I was pretty tired and sweaty! Almost like a real live gig.

It was a good example of how well Jamkazam can work. Must've been close to 3K miles separating East from West, North from South, and you just can't tell that these guys were NOT on a single stage.

I've been to many live shows where it wasn't nearly as tight as we got the other night ;-}