• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Line 6 Pocket Pod with MOTU M2 interface
Novice question: Running my Strat -> MOTU M2 interface -> computer results in very thin, tinny sound; not so with my Martin with bridge pick-up, which gives full beefy sound. Was told to try running Strat first through Line 6 Pocket Pod then to interface would create amp-like sound; anyone have experience with this configuration (guitar -> Line 6 -> MOTU M2 -> computer)? Recommend it?
(12-26-2020, 06:33 PM)nswerdlow@ucsd.edu Wrote: Novice question: Running my Strat -> MOTU M2 interface -> computer results in very thin, tinny sound; not so with my Martin with bridge pick-up, which gives full beefy sound. Was told to try running Strat first through Line 6 Pocket Pod then to interface would create amp-like sound; anyone have experience with this configuration (guitar -> Line 6 -> MOTU M2 -> computer)? Recommend it?
It will work, and should help give you better tone for your guitar.

I use a Behringer Bass V-Amp with stereo lines out to 2 of the 4 inputs on my Audio Interface. I tried several options before settling on this. Similar to the Pod, the V-Amp provides 32 amp models (16 bass & 16 guitar) and 23 cabinet emulations. Personally I found the cabinet emulation made the biggest difference to tone. It also gives me eq and stereo effects. I also run my mic and guitars connected to a Digitech Vocalist Live 4, which is connected via stereo lines to the other 2 inputs on my AI. Again - great guitar tone, and also vocal and guitar effects (compression, reverb, etc.) as well as harmonies.

On the Pod I think you will have to use the Amp Out but set Cabinet Tuning Mode to "C" or D" (but check the manual).

I originally started by using a preamp with for my bass into the AI. The tone was good, but to my ear it lacked the presence that the amp/speaker emulations provide.

Another option I tried was to use a VST plug-in to provide the amp and cabinet emulation. There are many free and paid products to choose from that easily integrate with JK. I found they added a bit of jitter, and ultimately I wasn't as happy with the tone.

Give your pod a try - you will probably like the results.
(12-28-2020, 12:21 AM)What awesome information! Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! I\ll get the Pod, and my next item will be the Digitech Vocalist Live 4! Have a great New Year! Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 06:33 PM)nswerdlow@ucsd.edu Wrote: Novice question: Running my Strat -> MOTU M2 interface -> computer results in very thin, tinny sound; not so with my Martin with bridge pick-up, which gives full beefy sound. Was told to try running Strat first through Line 6 Pocket Pod then to interface would create amp-like sound; anyone have experience with this configuration (guitar -> Line 6 -> MOTU M2 -> computer)? Recommend it?
It will work, and should help give you better tone for your guitar.

I use a Behringer Bass V-Amp with stereo lines out to 2 of the 4 inputs on my Audio Interface. I tried several options before settling on this. Similar to the Pod, the V-Amp provides 32 amp models (16 bass & 16 guitar) and 23 cabinet emulations. Personally I found the cabinet emulation made the biggest difference to tone. It also gives me eq and stereo effects. I also run my mic and guitars connected to a Digitech Vocalist Live 4, which is connected via stereo lines to the other 2 inputs on my AI. Again - great guitar tone, and also vocal and guitar effects (compression, reverb, etc.) as well as harmonies.

On the Pod I think you will have to use the Amp Out but set Cabinet Tuning Mode to "C" or D" (but check the manual).

I originally started by using a preamp with for my bass into the AI. The tone was good, but to my ear it lacked the presence that the amp/speaker emulations provide.

Another option I tried was to use a VST plug-in to provide the amp and cabinet emulation. There are many free and paid products to choose from that easily integrate with JK. I found they added a bit of jitter, and ultimately I wasn't as happy with the tone.

Give your pod a try - you will probably like the results.