• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash during update
During update, error occurs and update fails.
" the file path ... JamKazam-1.0.3843.msi cannot be found"

The uninstall function would not function for the same error.
used an uninstaller program to uninstall Jamkazam-1.0.3843
 Fresh install of Jamkazam-1.03934 still fails for original error.

general search of hard drive showed not JamKazam file or folders remaining after uninstall.

No idea what to try next. any help would be appreciated,
Jeff
(12-15-2020, 09:52 PM)Jeff K Wrote: During update, error occurs and update fails.

general search of hard drive showed not JamKazam file or folders remaining after uninstall.

Jeff

I've only seen this when the user you are logged in has had their default locations (like where documents/downloads etc) go.   My guess? Is that any .msi you download from the internet will not work atm.

Have you yourself or have you had someone configure your Windows machine to do some non-standard stuff with your user you log in as?
(12-16-2020, 01:00 AM)Jamkazam Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 09:52 PM)Jeff K Wrote: During update, error occurs and update fails.

Jeff

I've only seen this when the user you are logged in has had their default locations (like where documents/downloads etc) go.   My guess? Is that any .msi you download from the internet will not work atm.

Have you yourself or have you had someone configure your Windows machine to do some non-standard stuff with your user you log in as?

No special configuration on the machine. Only one user, 2 drives, C/ is the main with windows and all apps, D/ is a storage location for my Pro Tools project files. 
I am not sure but I think think the ".msi" stands for Microsoft Installer... it that is the case, I have installed and uninstalled other apps since this issue with Jamkazam started, without issue. The last 2 releases of JK have failed installation on my machine.  Been trying to resolve this my self for a little over a month.
I have a friend who had the same issue, but he was able to successfully uninstall after 2 attempts and reinstall a with the latest release. We both used IObit uninstaller to attempt the uninstall. I am assuming there is some trace of release 1.0.3843 left on my machine, even though I can not find it with a basic search. I am trying to install the latest release 1.0.3934
(12-16-2020, 01:46 AM)Jeff K Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 01:00 AM)Jamkazam Wrote:

Jeff

No special configuration on the machine. Only one user, 2 drives, C/ is the main with windows and all apps, D/ is a storage location for my Pro Tools project files. 
I am not sure but I think think the ".msi" stands for Microsoft Installer... it that is the case, I have installed and uninstalled other apps since this issue with Jamkazam started, without issue. The last 2 releases of JK have failed installation on my machine.  Been trying to resolve this my self for a little over a month.
I have a friend who had the same issue, but he was able to successfully uninstall after 2 attempts and reinstall a with the latest release. We both used IObit uninstaller to attempt the uninstall. I am assuming there is some trace of release 1.0.3843 left on my machine, even though I can not find it with a basic search. I am trying to install the latest release 1.0.3934

>>>
You do not have to uninstall a previous version. The newer releases will update your current version, both MAC & WIN.

Since that damage has been done. Did you search the registry for traces? (manually)
There's a free version of CCleaner that does a pretty thorough job at that.
I have seen something like this in the past. In that particular case, the user had a corrupt Windows user profile. Here's a link on how to fix if that indeed is the case...https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/121165-re-create-user-profile-windows