• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using a headset with mac built-in jack?
Anybody had any luck using the built-in audio jack on a mac? Or using some kind of USB adapter with a 3.5mm combo headphones/mic jack?
Hey, on my mac pro 3.1 yes, the built in and out dit work for my with an latency of 4,9ms. Yet have to try it on my macbook from 2008.
(04-07-2020, 04:57 PM)pkatuin Wrote: Hey, on my mac pro 3.1 yes, the built in and out dit work for my with an latency of 4,9ms. Yet have to try it on my macbook from 2008.
thanks thats good to know. we are trying this on a macbook (recent, I need to find the model number)
We did get this to work on the macbook pro 2019, latency was 10ms. Is there a way to adjust the buffer size on the mac to lower the latency?
(04-07-2020, 04:45 PM)leemurray Wrote: Anybody had any luck using the built-in audio jack on a mac? Or using some kind of USB adapter with a 3.5mm combo headphones/mic jack?

Yeah, that’s how I have had success chatting, and monitoring. I’ve been a few sessions where I thought it worked pretty good on my 2012? Mac Book air laptop. 

I could never get a usb mic to work very well. I don’t have an audio interface unit...yet... I play my bass through a USB Ubisoft real tone cable. And so, I needed a chat and monitor solution. My workaround was the old white apple headphones and mic into the headphone port.  You know the old ones that used to come with early iPhones? 4 poles on a 3.5mm mini cable. They seemed decent, but short in cable length. 

That setup worked, so I switched to a gaming headset with built in mic. Now I’m waiting on some extension cables because I feel a little claustrophobic being tethered to a 30” leash. 

Anyway, on my end the tone seems good, and monitors fine.  I’m not really a vocalist so chat seems OK. My internal latency is 11ms, and from Colorado I have managed to reach Sacramento and parts of Kansas with good enough results. 

Moose Hofer
(04-07-2020, 04:45 PM)leemurray Wrote: Anybody had any luck using the built-in audio jack on a mac? Or using some kind of USB adapter with a 3.5mm combo headphones/mic jack?

Yeah, that’s how I have had success chatting, and monitoring. I’ve been a few sessions where I thought it worked pretty good on my 2012? Mac Book air laptop. 

I could never get a usb mic to work very well. I don’t have an audio interface unit...yet... I play my bass through a USB Ubisoft real tone cable. And so, I needed a chat and monitor solution. My workaround was the old white apple headphones and mic into the headphone port.  You know the old ones that used to come with early iPhones? 4 poles on a 3.5mm mini cable. They seemed decent, but short in cable length. 

That setup worked, so I switched to a gaming headset with built in mic. Now I’m waiting on some extension cables because I feel a little claustrophobic being tethered to a 30” leash. 

Anyway, on my end the tone seems good, and monitors fine.  I’m not really a vocalist so chat seems OK. My internal latency is 11ms, and from Colorado I have managed to reach Sacramento and parts of Kansas with good enough results. 

Moose Hofer
(04-10-2020, 03:55 PM)Moose Hofer Wrote:

Moose Hofer

I'm also trying to use a headset with built in mic but am not having any luck. The headset works fine when plugged directly into my phone or iMac, but when I run through the splitter cable that came with the headset to split out the headphones and mic to go into my mixer, only the headphones work and not the mic. It seems as though the splitter cable isn't working properly but I'm not sure. Any ideas? thanks, Mike