• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invalid audio device in Windows 10
Hi,
I have a problem with my new Win 10 and sessions in Jamkazam. My audio gear (Behringer UMC 202works  very well on my laptop HP Win 8 64-bit but with my desktop PC, having recently installed Win 10, there is a big trouble for me.
For instance, I've hardly managed  to set my audio gear, and when I try to open a new session my audio gear works about 5-10 sec then disappears, becomes gray on Jamkazam, and on UMC Control Panel appears ASIO not active, but initially has appeared ASIO is active for about 5-10 sec. If I unplug the USB of UMC202 and start Resync it works again about 10 sec then disappears again, then appears an Alert saying INVALID AUDIO DEVICE. I cannot understand what it happens. 

- I have installed ASIO4ALL v.2.14 and UMC drivers 4.59.0.
- CPU i3 3.7GHz (9th generation), MB ASUS H310M-E, 8gb RAM, GPU Palit nVidia GeForce GT630 etc.

Could anyone help me...
(11-02-2020, 06:14 PM)livnik Wrote: Hi,
I have a problem with my new Win 10 and sessions in Jamkazam. My audio gear (Behringer UMC 202works  very well on my laptop HP Win 8 64-bit but with my desktop PC, having recently installed Win 10, there is a big trouble for me.
For instance, I've hardly managed  to set my audio gear, and when I try to open a new session my audio gear works about 5-10 sec then disappears, becomes gray on Jamkazam, and on UMC Control Panel appears ASIO not active, but initially has appeared ASIO is active for about 5-10 sec. If I unplug the USB of UMC202 and start Resync it works again about 10 sec then disappears again, then appears an Alert saying INVALID AUDIO DEVICE. I cannot understand what it happens. 

- CPU i3 3.7GHz (9th generation), MB ASUS H310M-E, 8gb RAM, GPU Palit nVidia GeForce GT630 etc.

Could anyone help me...
>>>
Completely(!) remove asio4all. Reboot and make sure it's gone
Use the Behringer dedicated ASIO driver only (4.59)
Make sure you use the Behringer (ASIO) in the Jamkazam gear setup for both input & output device.
(11-02-2020, 08:03 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

Could anyone help me...
>>>
Make sure you use the Behringer (ASIO) in the Jamkazam gear setup for both input & output device.

>>>
It works but I can't hear stereo on my headphones as before, and it doesn't install ASIO from Behringer...

(11-02-2020, 11:49 PM)livnik Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 08:03 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

Could anyone help me...
>>>

>>>
It works but I can't hear stereo on my headphones as before, and it doesn't install ASIO from Behringer...

>>>
You'll have to choose the correct ASIO driver in the drop-down menus when adding your gear. (you did remove the previous config I presume?)
If you can not, the Behringer 4.59 is not properly installed on your computer.
As you can see in you screen shot you're using WDM (standard windows audio driver) not ASIO.
Also don't fill in both drop-downs when adding a channel so it will automagically centre the audio (into a stereo signal)
I made everything is possible, believe me. Finally I have reinstalled Win 10 64bit and started again. I knew about UMC ASIO, I made all settings according to instructions of Jamkazam, all the steps of installing drivers and so on... but I have the real problem with setting the audio sample rate of Behringer in Windows 10, for instance I selected, you know, in SOUND - Properties - Advanced - 2ch, 24bit/48000Hz for both IN 1-2 and OUT 1-2 (I have tried all the variants 16 bit/44000 and so on...), then I selected UMC Control Panel buffer size to 8 samples and checked Safe Mode, everything according to instructions, then I started to configure Audio Gear in Jamkazam, in Audio Input Device I have chosen UMC ASIO Driver - ASIO, then Test Results - Latency 4.17 and I/O Rate ok-green, I continued with Next and I set the Audio track and then I set the button off to Direct Monitor and  finally started a Session.
At this step everything runs normally for about 10 sec as I specified initially and then STOP WORKING AT ALL. I have a short film but I cannot post it here.
I can`t believe it, I have been trying these steps for 3 days, I am exhausted and could not understand what is going on, it`s incredible. As I have told before my audio gear runs very well on my laptop WIN 8 64bit, there is no problem but with Win 10 is incredible. I`ve been using Jamkazam since March this year on my laptop but I had not any problem with it. I also installed on WIN 7 64-bit of my friend and runs very well, I also installed on WIN 7 32-bit and worked somehow well just for a test, but WIN 10 destroyed me psychically, I could not understand, probably there is a BUG in Jamkazam, I don`t know.
I cannot install Win 7 64 on my desktop PC because is not compatible with CPU i3, I tried but it does not work...

NB. I have a guitar pedal Digitech that runs very well on this WIN 10 having also RP250-ASIO, it is very stable but latency is about 10.9. 

I hope that is about a BUG or some settings in WIN 10 that I do not know...
Is there any body here that uses Jamkazam on WIN 10 64bit. I have WIN 10 64bit - PRO v. 20H2, OS build 19042.610
(11-03-2020, 08:20 PM)livnik Wrote: I made everything is possible, believe me. Finally I have reinstalled Win 10 64bit and started again. I knew about UMC ASIO, I made all settings according to instructions of Jamkazam, all the steps of installing drivers and so on... but I have the real problem with setting the audio sample rate of Behringer in Windows 10, for instance I selected, you know, in SOUND - Properties - Advanced - 2ch, 24bit/48000Hz for both IN 1-2 and OUT 1-2 (I have tried all the variants 16 bit/44000 and so on...), then I selected UMC Control Panel buffer size to 8 samples and checked Safe Mode, everything according to instructions, then I started to configure Audio Gear in Jamkazam, in Audio Input Device I have chosen UMC ASIO Driver - ASIO, then Test Results - Latency 4.17 and I/O Rate ok-green, I continued with Next and I set the Audio track and then I set the button off to Direct Monitor and  finally started a Session.
At this step everything runs normally for about 10 sec as I specified initially and then STOP WORKING AT ALL. I have a short film but I cannot post it here.
I can`t believe it, I have been trying these steps for 3 days, I am exhausted and could not understand what is going on, it`s incredible. As I have told before my audio gear runs very well on my laptop WIN 8 64bit, there is no problem but with Win 10 is incredible. I`ve been using Jamkazam since March this year on my laptop but I had not any problem with it. I also installed on WIN 7 64-bit of my friend and runs very well, I also installed on WIN 7 32-bit and worked somehow well just for a test, but WIN 10 destroyed me psychically, I could not understand, probably there is a BUG in Jamkazam, I don`t know.
I cannot install Win 7 64 on my desktop PC because is not compatible with CPU i3, I tried but it does not work...

NB. I have a guitar pedal Digitech that runs very well on this WIN 10 having also RP250-ASIO, it is very stable but latency is about 10.9. 

Is there any body here that uses Jamkazam on WIN 10 64bit. I have WIN 10 64bit - PRO v. 20H2, OS build 19042.610

>>>
I would be surprised if not nearly all W10 users run the 64bit version ...
As do I and all Jamkazam friends I can think of running Windows.
Reinstalling an OS to get an app/program running/working is really stretching it IMHO
From personal experience, a lot of jammers on this forum, the facebook group and friends, band members, I know Jamkazam runs perfectly well on W10/64b. Just a straight forward W10 installation, a dedicated (Behringer) ASIO driver and Jamkazam in my case.
I'm not sure what your specific issue is with W10 but it seems that you would need to resolve this first, before 'blaming' a piece of software for you "being exhausted" and "destroying you psychically" ... .

I'm not sure what anyone could do to assist you in this situation.
Maybe you'd best stay with WIN8, since you say that runs very well. Good luck!
D./
(11-03-2020, 10:39 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 08:20 PM)livnik Wrote: I made everything is possible, believe me. Finally I have reinstalled Win 10 64bit and started again. I knew about UMC ASIO, I made all settings according to instructions of Jamkazam, all the steps of installing drivers and so on... but I have the real problem with setting the audio sample rate of Behringer in Windows 10, for instance I selected, you know, in SOUND - Properties - Advanced - 2ch, 24bit/48000Hz for both IN 1-2 and OUT 1-2 (I have tried all the variants 16 bit/44000 and so on...), then I selected UMC Control Panel buffer size to 8 samples and checked Safe Mode, everything according to instructions, then I started to configure Audio Gear in Jamkazam, in Audio Input Device I have chosen UMC ASIO Driver - ASIO, then Test Results - Latency 4.17 and I/O Rate ok-green, I continued with Next and I set the Audio track and then I set the button off to Direct Monitor and  finally started a Session.

>>>
Reinstalling an OS to get an app/program running/working is really stretching it IMHO
From personal experience, a lot of jammers on this forum, the facebook group and friends, band members, I know Jamkazam runs perfectly well on W10/64b. Just a straight forward W10 installation, a dedicated (Behringer) ASIO driver and Jamkazam in my case.
I'm not sure what your specific issue is with W10 but it seems that you would need to resolve this first, before 'blaming' a piece of software for you "being exhausted" and "destroying you psychically" ... .

D./

Thank you very much for your help, probably you are right, my win 10 is the problem. I will try to fix it then start again.
Sorry of being so upset on this issue...
(11-03-2020, 10:49 PM)livnik Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 10:39 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>

D./

Thank you very much for your help, probably you are right, my win 10 is the problem. I will try to fix it then start again.
Sorry of being so upset on this issue...
Here is a link from Focusrite to help optimize Windows 10 for audio processing 
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207355205-Optimising-your-PC-for-Audio-on-Windows-10
It might be worth a try to check out it's recommendations....

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207355205-Optimising-your-PC-for-Audio-on-Windows-10
I made all these thinks and does not work. 
Thank you so much for your help. Firstly, I have to fix the problem with my WIN 10, I didn't know that lots of people use WIN 10 so much on Jamkazam. I thought that there are less. In this case is clear that my WIN 10 is the problem and probably settings of sound. I realized I made some mistake  when I installed drivers for Behringer UMC-ASIO, I did not wait about 10 sec after plugging the USB into Behringer and probably drivers were not installed correctly. I don't know. I live in Romania and the real problem is that we do not use original WIN, you know... This is it.
Anyway thank you so, so much for your help again...
(11-04-2020, 04:12 PM)livnik Wrote: I made all these thinks and does not work. 
Thank you so much for your help. Firstly, I have to fix the problem with my WIN 10, I didn't know that lots of people use WIN 10 so much on Jamkazam. I thought that there are less. In this case is clear that my WIN 10 is the problem and probably settings of sound. I realized I made some mistake  when I installed drivers for Behringer UMC-ASIO, I did not wait about 10 sec after plugging the USB into Behringer and probably drivers were not installed correctly. I don't know. I live in Romania and the real problem is that we do not use original WIN, you know... This is it.
Anyway thank you so, so much for your help again...
I'd start by removing the Behringer drivers and then re-installing them (see the link here for the correct driver,,, https://www.facebook.com/groups/36949102...6224919069  (This link is from the facebook group Jamkazam Jammers, so you may have to join it first).