• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Mic with native ASIO driver
I'm looking for a all-in-one USB microphone with a native ASIO driver.

I get excellent latency numbers from my MOTU M2, but need something portable and simple - having trouble finding USB mics with native ASIO drivers.

Latency, portability/simplicy, and use with JamKazam are very important, cost and sound quality less important.

Any ideas?
(05-11-2020, 07:57 PM)ctownj30 Wrote: I'm looking for a all-in-one USB microphone with a native ASIO driver.

I get excellent latency numbers from my MOTU M2, but need something portable and simple - having trouble finding USB mics with native ASIO drivers.

Latency, portability/simplicy, and use with JamKazam are very important, cost and sound quality less important.

Any ideas?

Maybe not quite what you had in mind, but various recording devices by Zoom and Tascam can operate in USB interface mode with native ASIO drivers. They also have a headphone monitor jack that can be switched between direct monitoring and playback when in USB interface mode. Even the basic models (Zoom H1N and Tascam DR-05X) have this capability.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried using either of these devices with JamKazam, but I have an older Zoom H1 that I have tested very briefly with Jamulus. There is a thread somewhere on these forums about getting disappointing results with a Zoom H4 though, so beware. If I bought a device for this purpose, I would make sure that I could return it if I couldn't get good results out of it.
(05-11-2020, 07:57 PM)ctownj30 Wrote: I'm looking for a all-in-one USB microphone with a native ASIO driver.

Any ideas?

I have the same question - any luck trying the Zoom or Tascam devices?
(10-24-2020, 09:39 AM)crossrhythm Wrote:

Any ideas?

-------

I am using the Zoom H6. It seems to be working well. I am new, so don't know a heck of a lot about jamkazam. I have used the Zoom H6 (and H4) as a USB mic for many years on other applications.

I have the same question - any luck trying the Zoom or Tascam devices?