• 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Audio Interfaces
Getting good connection with old audio interface and new Mac
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS
Mac mini running Catalina 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
(04-05-2020, 03:27 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: Hi, all! I've gone through all the forum posts so far and compiled a list of audio interfaces for our use.

i've been using Audient EVO4 with imac for many months.  never any problems.
I have used a Creative Labs Sound blaster Audigy5/rx somewhat successfully. This is an internal sound card.

Pros:
Latency and stability are very good. Sound quality if fine.

Con:
Although it has 3 inputs (mic/mic/line) I can only get the line input to work well. It took a while to fid the right input (there are several options). Therefore, I have to route everything through my mixer which is a pain.

I am going to change to a "real" AI (likely Behringer UMC202HD) as soon as one becomes available. Trying to buy local....
(10-12-2020, 04:33 PM)Tim Betteridge Wrote: I have used a Creative Labs Sound blaster Audigy5/rx somewhat successfully. This is an internal sound card.

Pros:
Latency and stability are very good. Sound quality if fine.

Con:
Although it has 3 inputs (mic/mic/line) I can only get the line input to work well. It took a while to fid the right input (there are several  options). Therefore, I have to route everything through my mixer which is a pain.

I am going to change to a "real" AI (likely Behringer UMC202HD) as soon as one becomes available. Trying to buy local....

Update: Found out that I didn't have a stereo splitter cable going in to the line input so now I have split the line input to left/right. I run the instrument through one channel and mic through the other. My latency numbers are extremely good (typically 3.4ms), and I have to say that this solution works very well. I've had no issues at all.

I would recommend this solution if you have a PC.
I've been using an
RME Fireface 400 (via Firewire 400 connection) (product has been discontinued) Interface latency: 4.1, Jitter (in/out): Fluctuating between 0 and .49 ms (average around .w2-.3ms), Frame size: 1. ms, Windows 7, Home Prem SP1 (FireWire via express card).
I purchased the Behringer UMC202HD recently and it worked flawlessly. I tried other interfaces and they failed. I thought I would report this to help others. I am not a fan of Behringer gear but this unit works.
(10-09-2020, 02:59 PM)karelr Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 03:27 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: Hi, all! I've gone through all the forum posts so far and compiled a list of audio interfaces for our use.

i've been using Audient EVO4 with imac for many months.  never any problems.
Hello Karelr, where can i find the list you compiled?
I use the Behringer UMC202HD on both windows 10 and macOS.
Got this only working if after installing the Jamkazam from the official Jamkazam site, you also download the Jamkazam app.

Without the app, the Behringer will not be recognized.
But after downloading the app, the Behringer will be recognized and will work properly
I've just got a MacBook Air running Big Sur.
Has anyone got any advice about the best/most preferable audio interface to use with JamKazam?
Thanks in advance.
Richard
Hello mrpastry. I’ve got a MacBook Air running Big Sur and use a Focusrite Scarlett 3rd gen. this works very well with JK. Focusrite have a low latency system extension which hacks the buffer sizes in the Mac Core Audio (I think). I use that with a 48kHz sample rate and a 1ms frame size in JK, which gives an interface latency under 5ms. I’ve been very happy with that set-up.

I am sure there are other interfaces that also work well, so I don’t claim this is the best. But it is reasonably priced and reliable for JK use.