• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamkazam disconnects frequently.
Hi, not sure why I keep getting disconnection notice from jamkazam. I have all the right gear, and I used to have some good sessions before the site changes. Maybe it's because I'm way down under in Australia..?
you mean, the Server Disconnect Error? I'm here in the US, and have gotten a couple since the last Mac application update, which i think was mid August. It's a hit or miss. My rule of thumb is, if nothing changed at your end, blame the app instead of starting changing anything.
Nothing changed my end except I updated to a better computer and the recommended audio interface. Before the site update It was a hit or miss, but I did participate in some great sessions. Now it takes ages to join a session and when I get in the server disconnects after a few minutes, every time. Then I go over to 'JamTaba' and have some great sessions there, but it's just not the same kind of jamming.
you have mention the word "site" changes twice. What are you referring to? the JamKazam site looks the same to me. Are you not using the actual stand alone application, or browser? The site should have nothing to do with it.

You also said, "Nothing changed my end except I updated to a better computer and the recommended audio interface.". A matter of opinion, but on the contrary to what you say, this is a very significant change at your end. Sound like you need to examine ALL of your settings, from your interface to your router.

You may need to start providing some very specific information about your setup in case someone else needs to jump in and help out.
First time testing after many efforts in getting my communications up to speed.   My config includes Steinberg UR44C,  1000Mbps fiber connecction,  new Netgear Nighthawk AX4300.  Ethernet connection delivers 2MS ping, and approximately 940Mbps download and 940Mbps upload to/from my IPS host server, approximately 6 ms latency to JamKazam (JK).  JK server keeps disconnecting and now will not reconnect.  CMD repeating ping shows no transmission failures but approximately 52 MS ping time to JK.   Any ideas, comments or whatever?  I've put a lot of time in this and it's rather frustrating to have these results on the first test.  I'm in Phoenix Arizona.  Does this have anything to do with the disconnects?  Thank goodness I really like Cubase for recording so my investment is not for naught if JK is a dead end for me.  (See my posts in network gear a number of weeks ago for my efforts to get this far.)
(09-06-2020, 01:04 AM)GDJ Wrote: you have mention the word "site" changes twice. What are you referring to? the JamKazam site looks the same to me.

I dont know the technical terms, but the page layout has changed recently, and since then the regular disconnections have occurred.

Are you not using the actual stand alone application, or browser?  The site should have nothing to do with it.

I dont understand what that means, JK is the only site that disconnects every few minutes, 'every' other site I visit have no problems.
And the disconnections seem to only happen after I have joined a session.

You also said, "Nothing changed my end except I updated to a better computer and the recommended audio interface.". A matter of opinion, but on the contrary to what you say, this is a very significant change at your end.

Before I upgraded  I had a laptop without audio interface and I was not having these disconnection issues with JK. 

Sound like you need to examine ALL of your settings, from your interface to your router.

I am not sure what this means, everything is plugged in and works fine on every other site I visit.

You may need to start providing some very specific information about your setup in case someone else needs to jump in and help out.

I believe my computer set up is fine because I had a 'computer tech person' set it up and I specifically stated  what I needed to use it for.

Just in case it is of any significance, here are my computer specs.....

Processor: Intel® Pentium® CPU N3700 @ !.60GHz 1.60GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit OS x 64-based processor.

Focusrite Audio Interface.
I am sorry for our difference in communication..

Are you using Macintosh or PC/Windows/
Windows
Thanks Hal. I'm hoping someone else can respond that understands Windows. Is the "Computer Tech Person", that setup your new computer available read these Posts?
He is a 'Computer Technician' running his own business. I will ask him in an email, but I am sure the problem is not with my computer because it runs fine with all other sites I visit. At least we have one respondent who has also experienced the frequent disconnections.