• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Independent mapping, independent filter...
Hi All,

I'm a Mac user and I'm getting this Network error message:

"Independent mapping, independent filter, random port, hairpin"

Anyone else getting this message? Anyone know how to fix my router configuration?

Over and Out,
Gandharva
(04-03-2020, 08:59 PM)srs108 Wrote: Hi All,

I'm a Mac user and I'm getting this Network error message:

"Independent mapping, independent filter, random port, hairpin"

Anyone else getting this message? Anyone know how to fix my router configuration?

Over and Out,
Gandharva

I’m experiencing the exact same issue both on mac and pc. On top of that I can’t seem to send or receive audio. I’ve tried the typical recomendations like port forwarding and UPnP (and various combinations). Two nights ago it, all of a sudden it worked. Yesterday morning it didn’t anymore. Without me changing anything on my part. 

i hope to get this sorted out soon,
Merrr
Also, check your connectivity with the following steps.
1. Go to your router setting and enable UPnP (or NatPNP if you have an apple router)
2. Call your ISP and ask them to ensure that you have a public IP address assigned to your router and not a private one.
3. Add the JamKazam app to your allowed list of apps in your windows/mac firewall app setting
After that, try running the Network Tests. If you and everyone you want to play with pass the network test, then you should be able to get into a session. We are working on improving session connectivity, so stay tuned! If no network test server is available, just try to join a session.
(04-05-2020, 03:09 AM)jamjam Wrote: Also, check your connectivity with the following steps.
1. Go to your router setting and enable UPnP (or NatPNP if you have an apple router)
2. Call your ISP and ask them to ensure that you have a public IP address assigned to your router and not a private one.
3. Add the JamKazam app to your allowed list of apps in your windows/mac firewall app setting
After that, try running the Network Tests. If you and everyone you want to play with pass the network test, then you should be able to get into a session. We are working on improving session connectivity, so stay tuned!  If no network test server is available, just try to join a session.
 Hi All, 
So jamjam you're saying that without a public IP address assigned by the provider I use (Linkem), I cannot use JamKazam? Angry
(04-05-2020, 05:15 PM)ValeRoss Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 03:09 AM)jamjam Wrote: Also, check your connectivity with the following steps.
After that, try running the Network Tests. If you and everyone you want to play with pass the network test, then you should be able to get into a session. We are working on improving session connectivity, so stay tuned!  If no network test server is available, just try to join a session.
 Hi All, 
So jamjam you're saying that without a public IP address assigned by the provider I use (Linkem), I cannot use JamKazam? Angry

Same Question here. This would be a Problem for all Cable users in Germany.
Hello,

I have the same issues, I allowed JamKazam in my windows firewall app setting,
I have a public IP and I did a port forwarding in my router but I hd the same issue
" Independent Mapping, Independent Filter, random port, no hairpin".

Could you help me?

Thank you
(04-06-2020, 09:08 AM)haryuki Wrote: Hello,

I have a public IP and I did a port forwarding in my router but I hd the same issue

Could you help me?

Thank you

Make you sure that you have a public IP for the first.
You can use the link https://www.showmyipaddress.eu to verify if the Ip which you connect on the web is the number of your physical IP.
If it is not the same, it means that your provider uses a NAT to hide your IP. If is your case, try to call to your Internet provider and ask
if you can a public IP for free or with a subscription. 
The only thing that I don't know and I'm trying to understand is if the users of JamKazam need a static public IP or dynamic public IP
Some providers can allow you to usa a dynamic public IP for free, some only static to subscribe at a cost around $5 per month, almost is so in Italy.
Once you have resolved this problem of public IP as I know you have only to open a port on your router, and for this  you can find a lot of thread about 
under forum "Help with network gear".
I hope my suggestion could be useful for you, I'm in the same situation and I don't know so more than you. I'm writing from Italy and in this moment it could be 
a blessing to jam with other musicians during the "lockdown".
Good Luck.
(04-06-2020, 09:50 AM)ValeRoss Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 09:08 AM)haryuki Wrote: Hello,

Could you help me?

Thank you

Make you sure that you have a public IP for the first.
You can use the link https://www.showmyipaddress.eu to verify if the Ip which you connect on the web is the number of your physical IP.
If it is not the same, it means that your provider uses a NAT to hide your IP. If is your case, try to call to your Internet provider and ask
if you can a public IP for free or with a subscription. 
The only thing that I don't know and I'm trying to understand is if the users of JamKazam need a static public IP or dynamic public IP
Some providers can allow you to usa a dynamic public IP for free, some only static to subscribe at a cost around $5 per month, almost is so in Italy.
Once you have resolved this problem of public IP as I know you have only to open a port on your router, and for this  you can find a lot of thread about 
under forum "Help with network gear".
I hope my suggestion could be useful for you, I'm in the same situation and I don't know so more than you. I'm writing from Italy and in this moment it could be 
a blessing to jam with other musicians during the "lockdown".
Good Luck.

Thank you for your response ValeRoss

I'm living in France and my provider have to use a NAT to hide my IP because I haven't the same IP in my router
with your link whereas I have a static Ip in my option Confused .

I had the same issues with JamTaba but I resolved it with a full stack option
and to host a server on my machine, I used my Ip coming from my router.
I had no problem.

It will be good if we modify our IP in the network option like JamTaba.

Have a good day

And Take care Wink
Hi,

I come back. I've found the solution for my problem.
In my router, I can mix the ADSL and the 4G system
to increase my internet speed.
I disabled the 4G and all work fine Smile.

Best regards
Having the same problem here. I'm using a Unitymedia Connect Box and it seems like I can't configure my internet to not getting any errors or having latency concerns.

Can anybody help me seeting up my Connect Box by Unitymedia? There's the (German) manual: https://www.unitymedia.de/content/dam/dc...ndbuch.pdf

UPnP is activated. However, I got not clue how to set it up that it works better with JamKazam. I get the attached error messagas (unfortunately I'm on WiFi too, have no ethernet card on my laptop).           

Thanks for any help in advance!