• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Audio Track Does Nothing
(04-05-2020, 01:47 AM)Scott_Graham Wrote: I just had a little progress here - unless it was caused by the Jamkazam update you refer to (I didn't see any notification of this).  I found under the Manage menu (top left), under Audio Settings->Configuration->Reset Audio Configuration, that after I did this, that I did in fact get the one audio track to come up.  Unfortunately, after selecting my instrument (also a double bass) that it didn't seem to take the configuration - there doesn't seem to be any "Save" button associated with this dialog; just a "Close" button.  So, after clicking on close, the instrument is still empty.  However, it is some minor progress, and perhaps may provide some clues.  Perhaps give it a try, maybe it will solve your problem.

Scott

Thanks for the tip, I saw this behavior too. Unfortunately even when I can get the one track to configure, it doesn't show up when I start a session. 

Clicking on Settings shows me the one input track and output tracks from the initial setup, but I can't Update the input or Add Audio Track either. Clicking these does nothing.

The crazy thing is, changing the computer, the OS, the JK account, or the audio interface don't change this bug. I have duplicated it on 3 different PCs with 2 different JK accounts and 2 different audio interfaces.

About the only thing I haven't changed is my location. My band-mates have no problems with their setups, it's completely weird.

Also this just started happening last Thursday April 2. Everything was fine before that.
(04-05-2020, 06:57 PM)standupbassist Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 01:47 AM)Scott_Graham Wrote: I just had a little progress here - unless it was caused by the Jamkazam update you refer to (I didn't see any notification of this).  I found under the Manage menu (top left), under Audio Settings->Configuration->Reset Audio Configuration, that after I did this, that I did in fact get the one audio track to come up.  Unfortunately, after selecting my instrument (also a double bass) that it didn't seem to take the configuration - there doesn't seem to be any "Save" button associated with this dialog; just a "Close" button.  So, after clicking on close, the instrument is still empty.  However, it is some minor progress, and perhaps may provide some clues.  Perhaps give it a try, maybe it will solve your problem.

Scott

Thanks for the tip, I saw this behavior too. Unfortunately even when I can get the one track to configure, it doesn't show up when I start a session. 

Clicking on Settings shows me the one input track and output tracks from the initial setup, but I can't Update the input or Add Audio Track either. Clicking these does nothing.

The crazy thing is, changing the computer, the OS, the JK account, or the audio interface don't change this bug. I have duplicated it on 3 different PCs with 2 different JK accounts and 2 different audio interfaces.

About the only thing I haven't changed is my location. My band-mates have no problems with their setups, it's completely weird.

Also this just started happening last Thursday April 2. Everything was fine before that.

Well, you have done everything humanly possible it seems to me to troubleshoot this problem.

So, let me add something a bit bizarre.  I had a crazy thought.  You and I are both double bassists.  I suspect you selected at one time "Upright Bass" as the instrument as I did.  When I was originally using this software, I selected electric bass.  At that point it was working.  So, I thought on a whim, since you and I are both double bassists, let me try going back to electric bass.  I did that, and what I didn't realize is that the little instrument icon is actually changing.  I think the default is a musical note.  It changes to something that looks like a guitar or an electric bass when you select electric bass.  I even cycled through different instruments, and sure enough, the icon changes.  Perhaps for something complicated like a double bass, they don't change it - but, the point is, that apparently is the clue that in fact, the live track took the instrument selection.  Now, further, I'm wondering if there is a problem with the "Upright Bass" instrument selection from the drop down box.  The reason I say this is that after switching back to "Electric Bass", and going to Sessions, and selecting a "Solo Session", lo and behold MY INSTRUMENT CAME UP!!!

That isn't actually impossible - the items in those drop down lists point to something in the Jamkazam code, and perhaps something is corrupted or there is a bug.

Now, my recollection is that you're still having trouble even getting "Update" to do something.  Unfortunately, I don't have an answer there.  But, I might suggest trying to reset your audio again (which will restart Jamkazam), and add your gear, and if by some miracle the "Update" link actually brings up the drop box of instruments, select "Electric Bass" instead of Upright Bass, and see what happens.  I know this is bizarre.  But, I appear to be back in business now.

Scott

(04-05-2020, 10:58 PM)Scott_Graham Wrote:

Scott

Well, you have done everything humanly possible it seems to me to troubleshoot this problem.

So, let me add something a bit bizarre.  I had a crazy thought.  You and I are both double bassists.  I suspect you selected at one time "Upright Bass" as the instrument as I did.  When I was originally using this software, I selected electric bass.  At that point it was working.  So, I thought on a whim, since you and I are both double bassists, let me try going back to electric bass.  I did that, and what I didn't realize is that the little instrument icon is actually changing.  I think the default is a musical note.  It changes to something that looks like a guitar or an electric bass when you select electric bass.  I even cycled through different instruments, and sure enough, the icon changes.  Perhaps for something complicated like a double bass, they don't change it - but, the point is, that apparently is the clue that in fact, the live track took the instrument selection.  Now, further, I'm wondering if there is a problem with the "Upright Bass" instrument selection from the drop down box.  The reason I say this is that after switching back to "Electric Bass", and going to Sessions, and selecting a "Solo Session", lo and behold MY INSTRUMENT CAME UP!!!

That isn't actually impossible - the items in those drop down lists point to something in the Jamkazam code, and perhaps something is corrupted or there is a bug.

Now, my recollection is that you're still having trouble even getting "Update" to do something.  Unfortunately, I don't have an answer there.  But, I might suggest trying to reset your audio again (which will restart Jamkazam), and add your gear, and if by some miracle the "Update" link actually brings up the drop box of instruments, select "Electric Bass" instead of Upright Bass, and see what happens.  I know this is bizarre.  But, I appear to be back in business now.

Scott

Another update: a friend of mine using a Mac (I'm using Windows) tried selecting "Upright Bass", and sure enough, nothing happens.  That is apparently the problem I am having. I *hope* it is yours as well.

Scott

Scott

Scott

Scott

Scott

Another update: a friend of mine using a Mac (I'm using Windows) tried selecting "Upright Bass", and sure enough, nothing happens.  That is apparently the problem I am having. I *hope* it is yours as well.

Scott

OH HOLY HELL! The "Upright Bass" instrument selection does seem to be the problem! When I use "Bass Guitar" everything works fine!

An outstanding and insanely unlikely debugging tip. What are the chances? Keep holding down the low end, my man, but don't identify yourself as an Upright Bassist to JamKazam!
(04-05-2020, 11:37 PM)standupbassist Wrote:

Scott

Scott

Scott

Scott

Scott

OH HOLY HELL! The "Upright Bass" instrument selection does seem to be the problem! When I use "Bass Guitar" everything works fine!

An outstanding and insanely unlikely debugging tip. What are the chances? Keep holding down the low end, my man, but don't identify yourself as an Upright Bassist to JamKazam!

Well, the clue was that you were also a double bassist.  I wish I had thought about it earlier.  Congratulations to both of us!
(04-06-2020, 12:06 AM)Scott_Graham Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 11:37 PM)standupbassist Wrote:

Scott

Scott

(04-05-2020, 06:57 PM)standupbassist Wrote: Thanks for the tip, I saw this behavior too. Unfortunately even when I can get the one track to configure, it doesn't show up when I start a session. 

Scott

Scott

Well, the clue was that you were also a double bassist.  I wish I had thought about it earlier.  Congratulations to both of us!
Wow!
Holy hell guys, I had the exact same issue and found this post. About halfway through, I was thinking....isn't it weird that there's three of us with this issue all playing upright bass?? Big Grin Big Grin 

Thanks for the solve. Worked for me too. Did anyone let JK know the double bass setting is messed up?
(04-14-2020, 04:57 AM)vanselus Wrote: Holy hell guys, I had the exact same issue and found this post. About halfway through, I was thinking....isn't it weird that there's three of us with this issue all playing upright bass?? Big Grin Big Grin 

Thanks for the solve. Worked for me too. Did anyone let JK know the double bass setting is messed up?
I've tried.  There doesn't seem to be any formal "bug" reporting forum, so I posted in the new feature requests forum (I may not be remembering the exact name of that forum, but you'll see it).  If there's a better place to report the problem, feel free.  It would be nice to have it fixed.   It's just a label, but if you want to play with strangers, it would be nice to correctly identify our instrument.
Guys,

They fixed this today.  My mistake was not reporting the bug directly to support@jamkazam.com.  Now, the Upright Bass choice is gone, but Double Bass is available, and works.

Scott